Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 548317 times)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 8.9 [Release] Updated 25 September 2020
« Reply #1125 on: October 12, 2020, 05:23:51 AM »
I do confirm this is what it's occurring, I've got Mame video snaps in full HD resolution.
Unfortunately, a screenshot is not obvious to take during attract mode screensaver, but it is exactly as you described.

Is there any work around this issue ?
Or it is how the attract mode screensaver was coded ?

For console games I coed the real game resolution in the layout, so even if the video is HD the filter is applied at the original console resolution. For MAME it's a bit more difficult, because each game has a different resolution, and this data is not in the romlist, so I usually get that from the game snap.
At the moment there's no solution, but just in case, do you have static snaps too? Are those in the original game resolution? Because I'm thinking of a workaround I can code for the new revision...

Jontox

• View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: October 12, 2020, 10:07:45 AM »

For console games I coed the real game resolution in the layout, so even if the video is HD the filter is applied at the original console resolution. For MAME it's a bit more difficult, because each game has a different resolution, and this data is not in the romlist, so I usually get that from the game snap.
At the moment there's no solution, but just in case, do you have static snaps too? Are those in the original game resolution? Because I'm thinking of a workaround I can code for the new revision...

All my video snaps are coming from emumovies FTP source.
These are HQ ones for Mame and the resolution is 640*480 (Horizontal) or 480*640 (Vertical).

The Gameplay snaps or screenshots (still from emumovies FTP source) are on the contrary in the game original resolution.

I.e.: 3countb rom does have:
- a gameplay snap of 320*224
- a video snap of 640*280

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1127 on: October 12, 2020, 11:00:20 AM »
All my video snaps are coming from emumovies FTP source.
These are HQ ones for Mame and the resolution is 640*480 (Horizontal) or 480*640 (Vertical).

The Gameplay snaps or screenshots (still from emumovies FTP source) are on the contrary in the game original resolution.

I.e.: 3countb rom does have:
- a gameplay snap of 320*224
- a video snap of 640*280

Cool, I got my mame videos from here: http://www.progettosnaps.net/videosnaps/ and they are at the correct pixel resolution with correct display aspect ratio, but since you have pixel perfect snaps I can fix the layout to make it work with your videos ;)

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: October 12, 2020, 11:22:45 AM »
Thanks. I did rename it to Arcadeflow_90 and changed the cfg to match. Still getting the index error.

Then I need some more info, can you run
Code: [Select]
attract-console.exe > log.txt
you'll find a "log.txt" file in attract mode folder, can you share it with me? Also, the prefs_layoutoptions.txt from Arcadeflow folder will be helpful.
I tried to replicate the issue using a cfg like yours but I can't...

Oh I just noticed another thing: your layout is set to start as "display_menu", do you use a display menu lauout? You should set the AM startup to its default value, if you want to start with the display menu page in Arcadeflow you can set it in its own options

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: October 12, 2020, 11:23:36 AM »
Thanks for spending the extra time troubleshooting.

Jontox

• View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: October 12, 2020, 12:10:24 PM »
Cool, I got my mame videos from here: http://www.progettosnaps.net/videosnaps/ and they are at the correct pixel resolution with correct display aspect ratio, but since you have pixel perfect snaps I can fix the layout to make it work with your videos ;)

That sounds like music to my ears, thanks a lot !

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1131 on: October 12, 2020, 11:12:25 PM »
Thanks for spending the extra time troubleshooting.

I've put together a patched layout.nut, you can try putting this into your Arcadeflow folder and see if it fixes the problem with your configuration.

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: October 13, 2020, 02:32:38 PM »
Hello, I tried the new layout.nut.

Still locks up attractmode, displays other system images for a moment...

No difference that I could detect.

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: October 13, 2020, 06:14:04 PM »
I think it has something to do with visual pinball being obscure compared to the others.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1134 on: October 13, 2020, 10:45:50 PM »
I think it has something to do with visual pinball being obscure compared to the others.

I noticed a couple of things in your attract.cfg that we can try to change:

startup_mode         displays_menu
   menu_layout          af

It seems you are starting Attract Mode in "Show displays menu" mode, and using AF as a menu layout. This will not work, AF is no more good as a Display Menu layout. You should change the startup mode to the default value (last selected I thing) and as menu layout set "Default" which means no menu layout is used.
I'd try this first to see if it fixes, then you can enable display menu at boot in AF options.

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 14, 2020, 02:45:55 PM »
Thanks, I did change those, but still have the same error.

I noticed a couple of things in your attract.cfg that we can try to change:

startup_mode         displays_menu
   menu_layout          af

It seems you are starting Attract Mode in "Show displays menu" mode, and using AF as a menu layout. This will not work, AF is no more good as a Display Menu layout. You should change the startup mode to the default value (last selected I thing) and as menu layout set "Default" which means no menu layout is used.
I'd try this first to see if it fixes, then you can enable display menu at boot in AF options.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1136 on: October 14, 2020, 11:15:06 PM »
Thanks. I did rename it to Arcadeflow_90 and changed the cfg to match. Still getting the index error.

I tried replicating the error with your prefs file and configuration file, but it still seems to work. Are you using the stock 2.6.1 or a nightly build? Also, at this point I think I'll need an archive with your emulators and romlists folders (the ones inside attract mode folder), so I can actually have a sort of mirror of your system :O

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1137 on: October 15, 2020, 01:14:02 AM »
It appears that AF failed to create the new directory for AF9 as Arcadeflow_89 is still intact in the layout folder and Arcadeflow_90 is not.

Believe it or not, I think I finally sorted it out and now, from my tests, auto-update works! If you want to try it, I  crafted a "dummy" layout.nut with 8.9 version (but it is in fact a 9.1 beta LOL) so you can check if it happily updates to 9.0...

Of course, if the update works, 9.0 won't be able to update to 9.1 because it still has the old layout.nut :(

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1138 on: October 15, 2020, 02:02:26 AM »

That sounds like music to my ears, thanks a lot !

If you want to beta-test the feature, you can try with this attached layout: just put it inside your Arcadeflow folder. But before doing that make a copy of the current layout.nut just in case.
This version should use the static snap resolution to set the video resolution so you should be able to see a bit more of your video :)
If you want to see even more, look for the line:

scanrows = 180.0

and increase it, be careful though that if a game has less than the lines you put there, it will look pretty bad.

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 15, 2020, 04:07:07 AM »
Is anyone using arcadeflow with future pinball or visual pinball?