Author Topic: "generate Collection/Rom List" takes VERY long  (Read 12378 times)

Leecher

• View Profile
Re: "generate Collection/Rom List" takes VERY long
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2021, 06:06:46 AM »
@progets
So, do you have the command-line for combining my romlists, so I don't have to use the "generate Collection/Rom List" for my "romlist of romlists"?

Because if it's 2mins for 100games, it's probably gonna be 10mins for 500 games. And I'm still currently adding games.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2021, 01:45:58 PM »
ROMLISTS: Collection/Rom lists are saved in the "romlist" subdirectory of your Attract-Mode config directory. Each list is a semi-colon delimited text file that can be edited by most common spreadsheet programs (be sure to load it as "Text CSV"). The file has one game entry per line, with the very first line of the file specifying what each column represents.

In addition to the romlist generation function available in config mode, Attract-Mode can generate a single romlist containing roms for multiple emulators from the command line using the following command:

attract --build-romlist <emulator names...>

Found here https://github.com/mickelson/attract/blob/v2.6.1/Readme.md

Leecher

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2021, 03:41:09 PM »
@progets
attract --build-romlist <emulator names...>

How can I use this? Let's say I have three emulators; like this?
attract --build-romlist "Nintendo Entertainment System", "Super Nintendo Entertainment System", "Game Boy Advance"

Where do I put the name of the output file, "All Systems"?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 03:43:26 PM by Leecher »

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2021, 08:50:21 PM »
Open the command line. Change to your Attracmode directory. Run the command.

Code: [Select]
attract-console.exe -i ".\romlists\Nintendo Entertainment System.txt" -i ".\romlists\Super Nintendo Entertainment System.txt" -i ".\romlists\Game Boy Advance.txt" -o "All Systems"
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 11:07:08 PM by progets »

Leecher

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2021, 02:06:57 AM »
@progets
Thanks progets. That is much, much better. It only took a couple of seconds.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2021, 10:51:24 AM »
I will toos my two chicken wings in here...this is mainly for people that find this later.

As was stated before if you create a list against the gamedb.net it can take a long time...sometimes "forever" (I left mine running one night to make a list of megadrive games...woke up..it is till wasn't done) It all depends on the what ever network issues per say I guess. I tried the same list a day later (26 hours) and I could get it in about a minute.

You can scrape locally and it is FAST..but it's only a half tailed list....

You CAN use a player.ini and a category.ini ect. for making console lists and is it FAST (it's all local). Arcade roms have a standard to make them easy to "scrape" from an xml file but the problem is the naming format for console roms are not. Your roms may not be named exactly as mine are therefore it doesn't pick up those roms or even work at all. After you scrape everything you can make your own custom "information files" and then use them as you see fit however. It's tedious work at best but I can build a fully filled out list without any internet connection at all. But most won't take the time or trouble.

Best thing to do is to backup your lists after you have them built. After that you can pull info from them or even re-use them if needed to save time. Remember the lists are just plain text files separated by semi-colons..so they are TINY and easy to store.
People want life easy..then complain about it