Author Topic: How to change Background image in Display Menu?  (Read 2982 times)

wdcook3

• View Profile
How to change Background image in Display Menu?
« on: March 02, 2018, 01:51:20 PM »
Using the "orbit" layout I'm having trouble adding a background image.  I've figured out all the folders to change the exit screen video, marquee and everything else.  Just can't figure out where to put the directory of the image that it wants the name of.  Thanks!

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to change Background image in Display Menu?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 11:08:59 PM »
Each layout can work differently depending on how it was made and not all layouts were designed to be a Display Menu. The Display Menu option is only about a year old and many layouts predate it. Any layout that was designed to be a Display Menu will store it's artwork in the /attract/menu-art/ folder.

The Orbit layout you're using isn't really designed to be used as Display Menu so it won't use the default /attract/menu-art/ folder. You can still use the Orbit layout as your Display Menu but the Orbit theme looks like you must define the folder you want to use for the background in the layout options. The folder name you enter will need to match the artwork name defined in your emulator configurations (i.e. flyer, marquee, snap, wheel, etc.).

If you need more help post one of your emulator.cfg files so we can see how you are storing your artwork.

wdcook3

• View Profile
Re: How to change Background image in Display Menu?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 08:54:45 PM »
Much appreciated for the help, I should have realized that when it asked for the filename it wanted the path to the file and not just the actual name of the file like test.png /facepalm.  You saying that the theme did not recognize the menu-art folder made me realize it had to be that I didn't have the whole path written out.  Thanks!