Author Topic: RetroDiction Theme v1.0 Released  (Read 14551 times)

rand0m

• View Profile
Re: RetroDiction Theme v1.0 Released
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2020, 09:23:56 PM »
This is polished, and a nice addition to attractmode.

Are you able to include master rom lists for games too?

Adding a single system game isn't very smooth for me at the moment. For example I want Maze Craze for the atari 2600, but if I download the xml from the mame hash files on github it doesn't find the details to add...

Thanks. For scraping systems you can use either hyperlist (https://hyperlist.hyperspin-fe.com/) or scrape through gamesdb (Am > Settings > Emulator (select Emulator) > Change info scraper to thegamesdb.net > generate collection romlist. It would be easier to create a unified master list when you have proper lists of all systems.

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2020, 09:24:45 PM »
Cool, love this theme. very clean but with plenty of info and functionality, well done

Thanks.

Amazing work!!

Thanks.

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2020, 09:29:40 PM »
Question:
Are there anywhere the images of all those old home computers of the folder sysflyer without the background ? (So I can copy past all of theme in other background . Actually more important to move all of them in the same position and resize them to have the same transparent screen), or even better with transparent screen. ?
The idea is to create a theme you could press a button in the joystick and have another computer to see the video snap. I always wanted to do this, but haven't so large amount of images.
This collection is very good, but needs to many work to make images the way I wanted.
Just as an idea.
Thanks,

The sysflyers were made by taking a frameshot of viking's Nostalgia Platform video set, I then applied some filters via paint.net for the grainy effect.  I don't have an image set with transparent background but you can request viking for transparent images. The link to his original work is given in the first post, its posted on launchbox forums.

There is another platform set by viking which might suit your needs better > https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/109-hardware-platform-set/

sosimple

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2020, 04:34:30 AM »
@Random : Many thanks man!

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2020, 09:53:44 AM »
Thanks for the clear explanation. I'll do that asap.

This is polished, and a nice addition to attractmode.

Are you able to include master rom lists for games too?

Adding a single system game isn't very smooth for me at the moment. For example I want Maze Craze for the atari 2600, but if I download the xml from the mame hash files on github it doesn't find the details to add...

Thanks. For scraping systems you can use either hyperlist (https://hyperlist.hyperspin-fe.com/) or scrape through gamesdb (Am > Settings > Emulator (select Emulator) > Change info scraper to thegamesdb.net > generate collection romlist. It would be easier to create a unified master list when you have proper lists of all systems.

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2020, 11:06:09 AM »
Some further updates! Finally got a search_series plugin working. Its mapped to custom3 which is mapped to "Y" on xbox 360 controller and "y" on keyboard. If a game has its series name in [Series], a field in romlist' pressing "Y" would list all games within the current list which have the same series. e.g. in MAME pressing "Y" on any street Fighter game would list all Street Fighter games in MAME list.

This function will really shine in unified master list since many games have series which span over many systems, Sonic and Mario come to mind.

I worked on keyboard_search plugin by liquid8d and modified that. It will be added soon in Repo once I thoroughly check it :D

manzarek

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2020, 04:47:20 AM »
congratulations for your job.  :)
Mame Fighting

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2020, 04:59:20 AM »
congratulations for your job.  :)
thanks.

jclampy69

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2020, 09:55:17 PM »
Hi, thank you for creating this fine theme.

I'm new to using it, but have found time to get MAME and Console menus functioning.

My problem is understanding what is required to get the Arcade sub-menu categories functioning.
For example; the different brand/system types..

1) Do, I need to create an emulator.cfg for each one? Hopefully they can be connected to mame.cfg?

2) I assume these require filtered romlists. Is this the undocumented step where we filter our Mame romlist in a spreadsheet program for example?

Maybe someone can outline the steps I need to take to get those menus functional?
Thanks.

sickle

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2020, 10:00:59 PM »
this is awesome! bonus points for splatter house! ;D 8)

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2020, 09:09:12 PM »
this is awesome! bonus points for splatter house! ;D 8)

jclampy69

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2020, 05:37:26 AM »
First change the romlist to mame then create another rule beneath each filter
Manufacturer contains xxxx

xxxx can be capcom for a capcom specific display or SNK or namco etc. For example for a display listing all capcom titles in mame will be like this >

Code: [Select]
display capcom_classics
layout               retrodiction
romlist              mame
in_cycle             yes
in_menu              no
filter               All
sort_by              Title
rule                 Manufacturer contains Capcom
filter               Action
rule                 Category equals Action
filter               Adventure
rule                 Category equals Adventure

You won't need to generate a romlist for this (since mame.txt is already populated) linking would be enough to get the display working. There are options other then Manufacturer, the filter system in AM really rocks once you get the hang of it :D
Ok, so using your example above I got Capcom Classics working.. But, All the filters; action, adventure, racing, beat em up, etc don't work in Capcom Classics.
I feel it is information missing in the Mame romlist txt file? But, I used gamedb.net as the info scraper. Do I need to use something else, or have I done something wrong?

Also, this is fine for filtering 'manufacturer'.. But what about Model2, Model3, etc.. Or even Capcom CPS1, CPS2, etc.. Because this information is not in the Mame romlist either?

Or maybe only way is by manually making romlists yourself?