Author Topic: Wheel sounds cause a crash after a few plays  (Read 2931 times)

vanish

• View Profile
Wheel sounds cause a crash after a few plays
« on: February 14, 2017, 10:23:03 PM »
I'm running macOS Sierra and any theme that includes a wheel sound will cause Attract Mode to crash after it plays just a few (4-7) times. If I disable the sound (usually by renaming it in the theme since no one includes an option to disable it) the theme works without a hitch. Any ideas?

estefan3112

• View Profile
    • Retrogaming on my Mac
Re: Wheel sounds cause a crash after a few plays
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 02:38:12 AM »
Unfortunately I cannot replicate. I am mainly running Robospin and Nevato Layouts, which do not contain an option for wheel sounds.
Or do you refer to the overall Sound Options, in which you can assign a sound to e.g. Next Game/Previous Game?
Cheers, Stefan

vanish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 11:34:55 AM »
Either, actually. If I add next/previous sounds the same thing happens where it crashes after playing the sound a few times. Honestly the sounds annoy me anyway (so I always disable them) but I just thought I'd report the problem so it was known in case someone who wants the sounds runs into it.

estefan3112

• View Profile
    • Retrogaming on my Mac
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 10:47:20 AM »
Interesting - I will have a look at it.

estefan3112

• View Profile
    • Retrogaming on my Mac
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 12:43:49 AM »
I can reproduce the crash on my Mac with the Arcade Game Centre Layout, which provides for a wheel sound. If you quickly browse through the games, AttractMode crashes quickly. Still need to do the cross-check in my setup on the Raspberry Pi.