Author Topic: Zero Delay USB player 1 and 2 mixing up in attract mode.  (Read 3126 times)

Patzfan

• View Profile
Zero Delay USB player 1 and 2 mixing up in attract mode.
« on: March 12, 2017, 07:44:24 AM »
No idea why, but sometimes when I boot up my machine , attract mode mixes up which is controller 1 and which is controller 2, Roms function properly. Anyway to permanently set 1P side and 2p side?

KTURNER

• View Profile
Re: Zero Delay USB player 1 and 2 mixing up in attract mode.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 11:36:08 AM »
Have you tried to use a usb splitter?

jarz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 12:42:32 PM »
Ill dig around and see if I can find my source but I seem to remember this being an issue with the Zero delay firmware.  What is your OS?

KTURNER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 01:26:27 PM »
I have windows 7 but I have not finishied it so I don't know how well it works long term but I have heard of that being some kind of issue.

jarz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 08:55:56 PM »
I had no luck on finding the thread I read that in.  IIRC from what I read ZeroDelay devices have the same ID when they register upon being plugged in so your OS doesn't know how to order them when you restart because they both look the same.  It was something like that.  Anyway the fix for the person I was reading was to use a gamepad mapping solution like xpadder, vjoy, x360c, etc.  Make your OS think it's an xbox 360 controller, keyboard or another gamepad.

I feel like there was a more elegant solution too but I can't remember.  Maybe bind the usb port at the OS level, idk.  Sorry I don't have more.