Author Topic: Newly added emus, start/select work. Presinstalled dont.  (Read 2748 times)

Mattyduk

• View Profile
Newly added emus, start/select work. Presinstalled dont.
« on: April 30, 2017, 02:31:05 PM »
So with my attract image, I've got a 8bitdo joypad, latest firmware, hack set to off

On The N64 emu I added, the start/select work fine, and exit the emulator

However on ones that have been preinstalled, start/select don't do anything , I have to use two of the shoulder buttons.

So I've checked emu station and start and select are definitely set correctly to the right buttons - as I said they work on the new one I added.

Where would this be set for the other emus.

Thanks.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Newly added emus, start/select work. Presinstalled dont.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 12:12:37 AM »
I don't know what you mean by "preinstalled". Are you talking about the AM (Attract-Mode) xxx.cfg files, RetroPie emulators, some thing from an image you downloaded, etc.?

How an emulator exits should be set in each emulator itself. Since you have to use "the shoulder buttons" to exit it sounds like your configuration is for a different controller. Since AM and ES (EmulationStation) both use the same emulators and the same emulator exit buttons it doesn't make sense that they work differently.

My advice is to enter ES and reconfigure your controller.

Mattyduk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 03:47:17 AM »
Sorry for being a newbie, but where do you set the exit shortcut for each emulator ?

Start/select are definitely configed in ES for the controller, but the shortcut of exiting the emulator using start/exit doesn't work, either in ES or AM.

Thanks again.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 10:07:41 PM »
Each emulator is different so they have different ways/places to set the exit key.

As I mentioned above, run EmulationStation and configure input. This is the easiest way to correct your issue.