Author Topic: WIP Layout Builder  (Read 26063 times)

Aurel_AM

• View Profile
Re: WIP Layout Builder
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2017, 01:27:26 PM »
Hey, I'm usually only a lurker here, but I really wanted to thank you for your work on this : )
Keep up the great work, this tool will be super useful to many!

liquid8d

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2017, 01:58:17 PM »
Thanks!

More progress.. Got more done than I thought! :)

Surfaces and clones!
This was an interesting feat and it's fun to play around with creating objects on surfaces, especially to get some future layout design ideas.

To create a surface, just click the 'Surface' button to add it. Resize it, then start adding child objects. If the surface itself or an object within the surface is selected, new objects will be created on that surface. You will notice that surfaces show red in your objects list and can be expanded/collapsed to show/hide child objects. There is an issue right now where surface properties are not stored per-aspect yet.

Clones show up as blue in the objects list. They are still a bit touchy and only clone the initial object settings. But it should be good enough to visually see a clone, and it does create the object as a clone in the code.

- you can also now just click and drag anything without selecting it first - including objects within surfaces, as long they aren't locked
- I also updated included content - removed the missing.png and set pixel.png as default for images. I added an arcade font by default, but it is not set as the default font for text.

Fun stuff!!

caminiti45

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2017, 05:01:21 PM »
this is great! Are you still working on it?

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 07:16:38 AM »
seems as though he has disappeared,  again,
probley just bizzy with life.   :-\
help a friend....

liquid8d

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2017, 10:42:39 PM »
I am, but I have not forgotten! :P

Since I have the basic functionality working, I haven't put much time into it. I do need to get back to correct some of the issues I have listed in there, but I've held off since I'm working on a separate module that will simplify the conversion process to a .nut file. But feel free to add to the issues.

I still want to complete a new animation module and get that integrated, as well as add some additional objects. A lot of that rides on me getting this other module working.

churchofsolipsism

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2017, 12:01:19 AM »
What a great tool - thanks so much for putting so much work into this.

I'm not the creative type myself, but there's this gorgeous emulation station theme/ layout out there made by one Phill Doodle I simply have to use on one of my cabs, but for the life of me I can't get it to run properly (besides, I much prefer Attract Mode since its handling is so much better than ES). Now I can convert it to a layout for AM!

mortron

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2017, 09:40:50 AM »
Big ups on this project. The more I learn about attract mode, the more I enjoy this!

I am trying to get a 3:4 aspect theme set up but having trouble figuring out how to rotate the theme so that its similar in orientation to verticools. Its proving a bit tricky and my screen keeps doing everything but what I want it to!  :o

flocko

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2018, 09:54:18 PM »
Ok, congratulations for the program
But i got a fullhd monitor  >:(  and i passed one hour trying to resize layout on your program.
So it´s ok for learn programming, but i´m the only one with fullhd?wtf :-[

E3dit:ok, so the program can make fullhd layouts oook, thank you.
But it´s possible to improve the screen area??? so ok it´s perfect for me, this program it´s wonderful. thank you so much
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 10:07:59 PM by flocko »

Delita Hyral

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2019, 10:14:58 AM »
hy guys!plase help me with this editor!How put whells artwork with spin mode?(sorry for my poor english, i am braziliam)