Author Topic: Artwork questions  (Read 7697 times)

bikeguychicago

• View Profile
Artwork questions
« on: January 11, 2015, 11:14:26 AM »
Hi,

I'm setting up AttractMode for the first time and I have a few questions:
  • I have the screen shots extracted to the snap directory of MAME and have the mame configuration setup to look for the art in tat directory. When I launch AttactMode, most of the games I have configured display the snapshots correctly but others (Mr. Do, Berzerk, etc.) do not. I checked both the rom name and the snap image name in both the ROMS and SNAP folders respectively and found that the names of the ROM and SNAP image match so I am uncertain as to why these particular ones aren't working. Any ideas?
  • What needs to be done in order to get the Marquee artwork to display? I've created the marquees directory under MAME and referenced it correctly under the mame section in AttractMode. I then copied the .7z file to the folder, which didn't work and then tried extacting the contents of the archive to the marquees folder. This also didn't work. 

Any suggestions on either or both items would be appreciated.

Thanks!

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Artwork questions
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 11:16:02 PM »
Hey there,

for #1, try running from the command line, it should print a message if there is an error loading an image.  You might be running into this bug: https://github.com/mickelson/attract/issues/63

for #2, you need to have extracted the images to the marquee path configured in the emulator config, and the filenames need to match your romnames (i.e pacman.png)... that should get it working.  oh and there might be a configuration option for whatever layout you are using that you would have to set to use the marquee... that depends on the specific layout you are using though

h0tw1r3

• Hackety hack
    • View Profile
    • Latest Builds
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 07:36:07 AM »
#1 most likely.  I had the same problem with exactly the same images mentioned.

Pull request that fixes the problem in SFML:
https://github.com/LaurentGomila/SFML/pull/777

Backport branch for SFML 2.2 that contains an updated stb_image library and screen rotation fix (for X11).
https://github.com/h0tw1r3/SFML/tree/backport/2.2
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 07:37:43 AM by h0tw1r3 »

bikeguychicago

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 08:07:46 PM »
I found that the marquee and snapshot artwork displays as expected when I am using the Orbit or Basic themes. However, only the snapshot appears when I use the Cools theme, only the snapshot appears.

How do I get the marquee artwork to appear for the Cools theme? Also, does anyone know if there is a source that provides higher resolution snapshots that are compatible with AM?

Thanks!

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 10:33:21 PM »
I found that the marquee and snapshot artwork displays as expected when I am using the Orbit or Basic themes. However, only the snapshot appears when I use the Cools theme, only the snapshot appears.

How do I get the marquee artwork to appear for the Cools theme? Also, does anyone know if there is a source that provides higher resolution snapshots that are compatible with AM?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure cools' theme doesn't use the marquee artwork.  It doesn't show it for me but I haven't played around with all the layout settings.  Of course, you can always edit the layout script yourself to add marquees..

bikeguychicago

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 02:04:27 PM »
Which artwork is used for the game logo in the Cools theme? I would like to have my list displayed as is shown in the 'New Zeland Story' image shown on the About page of the site (minus the flyer artwork).

cools

• Arcade Otaku Sysadmin
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Otaku
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 02:33:07 AM »
Hyperspin Wheel images.

bikeguychicago

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 08:08:11 PM »
Any idea where ot get the Hypersping wheel images without spending $45 on the Hyperspin site? I would consider it if a) I used Hyperspin as my primary frontend and b) if I used more than just the graphics.

cools

• Arcade Otaku Sysadmin
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Otaku
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 09:31:02 AM »
Afraid not. I don't use Hyperspin either but the value in the subscription just for the wheel images was worth it - they are kept up to date with new MAME releases so it's not just a one off time save.