Author Topic: Ambient sounds, Multiple key assignments?  (Read 3477 times)

meestermole

• View Profile
Ambient sounds, Multiple key assignments?
« on: January 17, 2015, 02:58:52 PM »
Hi there! Ive been lurking this forum for a little while now, and I've been using attractmode with a slightly altered version of GroovyMame (i've removed Calamity's Groovy stuff, and put back sdlmame, i'm testing on LCD)

I've been tweaking AttractMode for a little while, and i love it.
Just to note, I had a little difficulty with the ambient sounds. I downloaded the sound files from the arcade ambience project  (very awesome) but they were not loading up properly and playing in the background.
I converted them to .m4a, and they work like a charm. Now I have the background files playing arcade sounds, and when i select a game on the menu, it plays the attract video - its like walking up to a machine in an arcade. Real nice.

I'm currently working on making some filters, I'm keeping in mind that I will eventually run this in a few dedicated arcade cabinets.

My big question is this, is there any way to assign multiple keys to a command for the frontend? IE, can an action be triggered by 2 buttons pushed at the same time?

Keep up the great work!

Moley

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Ambient sounds, Multiple key assignments?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 10:31:12 PM »
Hey there, thanks for the note.  I'm not sure what could be going on with the audio files not playing, I assume they were mp3s originally?

There currently isn't a simple way to do key combos for commands through the configuration mode (i.e. trigger an action if both X and R are pressed at the same time or something like that).

You could do it with a plugin, you'd have to get your hands a bit dirty with the scripting but it would be fairly straight forward I think... you could have the script test whether the keys you want are all pressed at the same time and then trigger the action...