Author Topic: Crash when switching from main menu and emulator  (Read 2490 times)

carlhungus74

• View Profile
Crash when switching from main menu and emulator
« on: August 17, 2017, 07:30:12 AM »
Hello,
When I switch several times from the main menu (using cosmo-theme) and an emulator (sega megadrive) for example, but happens on several... it does not crash on others.
To reproduce it, I launch AM, the open the megadrive emulator, then 'esc' to go back to main menu, then 'megadrive' again ->crash.
perhaps a video or other resource problem ? is there a way to debug this with a log or something.
I'm on windows 7 pro/64bits.

thanks for any ideas

jon beeker

• View Profile
Re: Crash when switching from main menu and emulator
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 05:54:15 AM »
I am also having the same issue, but on a linux machine, different theme, different emulator.  It usually is after a launch, esc, and a relaunch.   I also cannot find a way to debug this, or an log recording the problem. 

I love attract-mode, but it is unusable if I cannot figure this out. 

I second the thanks for ideas!

bundangdon

• View Profile
Re: Crash when switching from main menu and emulator
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 08:25:10 PM »
I've had a very similar issue happening too. I'm using the ol'room theme/layout and sometimes after playing a game for a while and returning to attractmode, there's a black screen and then a program "crash" message. It happens randomly but usually when I have been playing a particular game for 10 or more minutes