Author Topic: Layouts not working  (Read 3158 times)

johnny5126

• View Profile
Layouts not working
« on: July 02, 2017, 03:27:26 PM »
Using Mint Linux. The default layouts work with the front end, but certain one I download do not. I unzip them to the usr/share/attract/layouts folder, but they don't display. Any ideas?

mc2programmer

• View Profile
Re: Layouts not working
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 10:58:52 AM »
Hey Johnny good to see more Linux users :) a few things to look out for on Linux with themes is pathing and make sure you have the themes in the correct spot. Let me know which themes are not working for you and I might be able to help more. You might try to look at the layout.nut file and make sure that anything with a path  is set to something like this ./theme/whatever and NOT set like this .\\theme\\whatever. Attract-mode will automatically use the Linux pathing for Windows and Linux if you use the Windows pathing with escaped slashes (\) ie ..\\windows\\blahblah\\ it will cause issues on Linux. Before you bother doing this make sure you have the theme in the correct spot for debian flavors of Linux like Mint make sure the theme is placed in the hidden \.attract\layouts folder this would be in your users folder ~.

KTURNER

• View Profile
Re: Layouts not working
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 05:25:36 AM »
What if you don't unzip them? All mine are zipped. But I'm in windows.