Author Topic: How to rotate monitor automatically for cocktail cabinet?  (Read 2564 times)

wrybread

• View Profile
How to rotate monitor automatically for cocktail cabinet?
« on: March 05, 2018, 03:27:22 PM »
I'm just finishing up a cocktail cabinet build, and can't figure out how to get games to rotate automatically for player 2 in MAME. Is there a way?

I see that some games have dip switches for cabinet type, but of course I'd love to set this globally.

jtslade

• View Profile
Re: How to rotate monitor automatically for cocktail cabinet?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 06:13:35 PM »
I don’t think there is a way, you need to go I tot he cocktail dip switch compatible games and set them to that.. cocktail mode..

It creates a ini file which you could then use a power shell script to write a bunch more ini files but there is only so many cocktail enabled dip switch games.. I think last time o counted it was less than 90 or so.. just do 25 a day..

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to rotate monitor automatically for cocktail cabinet?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 10:05:53 PM »
I don't think there is a global way to do this. As jtslade states, there aren't a ton of game to setup so it shouldn't be an issue.

There are a lot of 2 player nonsimultaneous games that could be played on cocktail table. I think most people program a button to rotate the screen manually for these.

BTW - If you want to create a list of just cocktail roms you can use a 3rd party app like Romlister https://www.waste.org/~winkles/ROMLister/.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 10:14:49 PM by progets »