Author Topic: maybe some insight: just an observation  (Read 2238 times)

toothlessgrinn

• View Profile
maybe some insight: just an observation
« on: August 20, 2018, 07:34:47 AM »
(here i go with some useless rambling)

ive noticed alot of program conflicts on here and thought i spew some words for those as new to this as me.

this is in no way to disrespect anyone or to say noone here knows what they aredoing. just some honesty and encouragement.

1st Attract Mode needs NO other front end to work
2ND MAME , GENS  , STELLA , DAPHNE , etc works great out the box (some configuring may be needed but minimal)
3rd Attract Mode just works! lol
4th if you are using multiple f.e's then you are gonna have conflicts.( its like having 2 people argue differant sides of same coin)
THEY WILL BUMP HEADS!
5th Attract Mode seems to accept alot of off brand themes and if it doesnt then you can convert it or im more then sure someone on here will gladlly help if they can! (does have a GREAT support system here!!!)

ok i get it alot of people like to tinker. but i know some of this can be pretty overwelming. especialy if your new at this like i am.
but im just putting out there that this frontend needs NO HELP IN WHAT IT DOES. ESPECIALLY on a pi.
this front end does TRULY have so much more potential . it can front end basiclly any program if you set the args. the right way.
any ways ...
sorry just a thought & my spelling sucks.

we came , we saw , we lost LOTS of quarters...

Win 7
Asus mobo amd 64bit 3core
12g ram
4 player. Custom built woody cab
46" plasma screen with 22" marquee

ryuuji

• View Profile
Re: maybe some insight: just an observation
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 08:15:00 AM »
1st Attract Mode needs NO other front end to work
True but ppl use RetroArch because of the shaders.

ok i get it alot of people like to tinker. but i know some of this can be pretty overwelming. especialy if your new at this like i am.
but im just putting out there that this frontend needs NO HELP IN WHAT IT DOES. ESPECIALLY on a pi.
this front end does TRULY have so much more potential . it can front end basiclly any program if you set the args. the right way.
+1 to that
I also think that AM needs to have fewer layouts at this moment but with more features (like layout for displays which not many layouts have and layout(s) for settings/menu). Devil is in the details like they say. I think it will give a different feeling when you have everyting matching the current layout. I m not criticizing. I m very grateful for all the work the devs + layout makers are doing.
AM is the best anyway!

Dallinj

• Clueless and Proud.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 01:00:28 PM »
True but ppl use RetroArch because of the shaders.

I use it because it's really convenient to link (just about) every executable to one program, and not have to worry about configuring controls for every emulator separately. Retroarch just works. (The shaders are nice tho  ;))

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 02:05:27 PM »
I don’t use display layouts. Next display button works for me. Might be useful for people with many systems and all different layouts.