Author Topic: How to style AM system dialog boxes?  (Read 3594 times)

tomek

• View Profile
    • About Me
How to style AM system dialog boxes?
« on: July 28, 2015, 03:34:17 PM »
Is there a way to style AM system dialog boxes? For example, I'd like to style the exit confirmation dialog. The default dialogs are very raw and really stand out when entered form within a nicely styled up theme, making for a jarring visual experience. It'd be nice to be able to style them up a bit.

cheers,
-tomek

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
Re: How to style AM system dialog boxes?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 05:27:51 PM »
AFAIK you can change font in dialogs and.... that's it.

tomek

• View Profile
    • About Me
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 08:10:42 PM »
That's what I thought. It's really not that big a deal because once I'm done configuring and my layout is all set there will be no need to enter any of the system menus during normal operation.

The one time that I can think of when it would be nice to have a little more control of the UI is with exit. I really want it to be a "shutdown" operation, so that "exiting" will shut down the computer. Oh well, never mind. I'm sure there are more pressing bug fixes and features to implement.

-t

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 02:34:59 AM »
Since your mini is dedicated to emulation you can simply bypass that shutdown menu.

1. find a way to make system wide key shortcut that is triggering shutdown or sleep command
2. make separate button in your cab configured as that shortcut
3. press that button to shutdown/sleep

Sleep is better, because pressing any button on your cab will wake it up instantly, instead of booting up.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 02:44:10 AM by verion »

tomek

• View Profile
    • About Me
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 03:53:24 PM »
Great suggestion. And since I'm using a USB keyboard controller I can program it to send a complex keycode sequence back to the Mini which can then invoke a script which can be as little as the following shell command

Code: [Select]
pmset sleepnow

But we're getting off topic now. Thanks for the great suggestion.