Author Topic: Linux packages  (Read 15168 times)

oxy

• View Profile
Linux packages
« on: November 14, 2014, 02:31:47 AM »
Hi raygun, can you please add deb & rpm packages to the dowload section.

You maybe don't realize but the fact that runs on 3 platforms is a big deal. A deb file will put the debian/ubuntu, the biggest linux crowd in atract mode!

nitrogen_widget

• View Profile
Re: Linux packages
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 11:06:25 AM »
I don't think SFML 2 is in the current Debian repositories yet.
I had to use testing as of a few months ago.

I have installed AM on pclinuxOS using the compiled linux libraries off the SFML website.
This weekend i'm going to try it on Slitaz linux which is a minimal distro's

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 10:45:07 PM »
I agree it would be great to have more linux packages, and I'd be happy to add them if someone were to contribute (like cools has done with Archlinux AUR)...

Like nitrogen_widget mentioned SFML 2 isn't in the current Debian... so I'm not sure there is any point making a deb until jessie is about to be released

nitrogen_widget

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 08:17:38 AM »
I can put together a quick guide on compiling with the SFML binaries downloaded off their site.

I haven't used attract mode in a cab yet but i've got it on a live usb and have been booting up random PC's at work to show friends & test CHD games on hardware.

no issues yet.

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 10:38:29 PM »
A guide would be appreciated if you have the time nitrogen_widget.  I see there are instructions for compiling on debian wheezy already posted on the wiki: https://github.com/mickelson/attract/wiki/Compiling-on-Debian-Wheezy-%28stable%29

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 08:22:10 AM »
I am actually attempting a "off-line install" of attract-mode. I'm gathering packages at the moment. I understand there is a program that will allow you to make deb packages. I'll look into it. I tried to make a "attract-mode live CD" but i failed miserably.  :( Some of you are wondering why all this trouble? Simple if my cab goes down then I can just reinstall and not have to worry about lugging wherever to "plug in" or finding dependencies or worse recompiling :( . This way at least i know I will have one computer that always will work even if it needs reinstalling. Call me crazy.
People want life easy..then complain about it

nitrogen_widget

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 07:00:29 PM »
I am actually attempting a "off-line install" of attract-mode. I'm gathering packages at the moment. I understand there is a program that will allow you to make deb packages. I'll look into it. I tried to make a "attract-mode live CD" but i failed miserably.  :( Some of you are wondering why all this trouble? Simple if my cab goes down then I can just reinstall and not have to worry about lugging wherever to "plug in" or finding dependencies or worse recompiling :( . This way at least i know I will have one computer that always will work even if it needs reinstalling. Call me crazy.

What version of mame are you using?

I have a custom .iso of PClinuxos 64 bit lxde edition.
It has attractmode on it plus mame.
I  can compile advanced mame .106, and .149-to current with the no-nag & hi score patches.

The only issue is I haven't worked out how to enable auto log-on for the .iso yet.
so if you made it a live-usb you'd still need to log on with a keyboard at boot time.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 09:18:34 PM »
What version of mame are you using?

I have 0.158 on one but my "cab" is version 0.152 patched no nag/hi score.

The "off-line" install is just taking a pre compiled version of mame and attract mode and copying the files to the right folders. I need to write a bash script.

I was using UCK (ubuntu customisation kit) I don't remember what the exact problem I was having. I'll try again maybe tomorrow or the next day and see what it is. I was wanting to use lubuntu and strip the  LXDE desktop out and leave just openbox. I figured out how to set it up and hide everything so you never see it.

Hi raygun, can you please add deb & rpm packages to the dowload section.

As for making a deb for attract mode I had forgotten about that I'll look in to it tomorrow too if you don't mind. Unless some one knows how to do it already  ;)

nitrogen_widget

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 08:12:27 PM »
Pclinuxos lets you create an .iso of your current install with just one command typed into a terminal.
It also has a live usb with persistence maker.

right now i've got auto login and attract mode autostart working.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 08:52:53 PM »
ok I will have to look into that for sure thanks :) I just want to be able to toss it in there and reload it if I have too.  No fuss type deal. It's not connected to the net anyway. At least not until they get mame hub worked out I guess. You might want to ask if they will sticky a link to that setup (the disc image) if you are willing to share it. Might help out some people.

nitrogen_widget

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 03:35:15 PM »
I could do that once I clean it all up.
I going with .157 on it with no-nag/hi score because it works with the GLSL shader I want to use.

nitrogen_widget

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2015, 07:28:27 PM »
that would be great. thanks for helping out in your own way :)

I have a deb package I made today will you all try it out and test it further please. once we get it tweaked i'll maintain it as long as i can.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=94796236261921141147 this is a temporary link I'll update it later

this was my first try making a deb   :-\

Do we need to setup Testing repository due to the SFML 2 dependency?

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2015, 06:10:15 PM »
Ok so it turns out I uploaded the wrong one. Sorry about that. Yes it's a 64 bit deb sorry. I'll post it here for now if that is ok. I'll try and get a 32-bit out as soon as I can. :) This one should work for you. Although the icon for the menu needs work. I wanted to use the one on the attract mode website. Do you think I could do that? (and link me to it so I can?) Thanks. Test please.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 10:04:24 PM by akafox »

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2015, 09:38:57 AM »
And the 32-bit package as promised.   :)

nitrogen_widget

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2015, 03:54:37 PM »
here is my custom NO WARRANTY PClinuxOS LXDE 64 bit live CD/USB with attract mode & mame .157 with no-nag & highscores compiled in.
It also has advanced mame .106 compiled for 64 bit that i use for my amd 1.2ghz dual core apu e-series HTPC.

It boots straight into attractmode.
I put the free gridlee rom in there so there is at least something to test.
I also left the CRT shader activated and forgot to put highscore.dat on the image. :)

Here is the link.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94502876/pclinuxos_lxde_attractmode.iso

all of the open-source video drivers are included so hopefully it will find your video card and if you download the binary for groovy mame it will run just fine also.