Author Topic: ANYONE?!? Making new displays ..... Please help.  (Read 2228 times)

Patzfan

• View Profile
ANYONE?!? Making new displays ..... Please help.
« on: February 24, 2017, 11:05:52 PM »
I saw in my DISPLAY menu it could add NES Classics to the wheel. When I select NES CLASSIC section, i can see the roms in the ROM list, but I guess they're not linked directly to the roms themselves. The only NES folder I have is the main NES folder with 800 games in it. Do I have to create another NES classic ROM folder and put only the games i want to see in the NES Classics display section in there? Do i have to make a second NES emulator called NES classics? I want to make a top 10 this display section for every system but I don't want to have to make a duplicate folder and double up the artwork, box art and wheel art for nothing. Is there an easier way then duplicating the files
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 12:08:37 PM by Patzfan »

8bitsdeep

• View Profile
Re: ANYONE?!? Making new displays ..... Please help.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 01:12:17 PM »
The simplest way to organize ROMs without duplicates is to use the tags and filters in Attract Mode.

Add one or more tags to games like "top10" or "NES Classics".  Then create a filter the checks if the tag field contains top10, etc.

I forget which keys edit tags and filters by default. You might need to bind them in the Controls menu.