Author Topic: Attract Mode scraper and updated rom sets  (Read 1720 times)

Barky

• View Profile
Attract Mode scraper and updated rom sets
« on: May 17, 2020, 03:45:43 PM »
Hello. I've updated my mame set after two years or so, and I have made a new rom list to reflect that. I have art already scraped from a previous version. I'm running the scraper now, but I'm wondering if the scraper will download artwork if has been updated? For example. some games go from not working to working the screen shot would change in the database. Does the scraper check to see if the art is changed, or does it simply check to see if art is present and then skip it? Thanks.

joyrider3774

• View Profile
Re: Attract Mode scraper and updated rom sets
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 11:01:43 PM »
skrapers can't know if a certain artwork is updated or not unless they keep metadata and the build in skraper does not do that. However certain skrapers always overwrite files but i'm not sure if the build in skraper does this. If it does not i know of a way to easily identify these files and erase those screenshots so they get redownloaded if you scrape afterwards.

Most of the times (depending on where your scraper got the data) the same screenshot is used to show "not working" screenshot or something so you need a tool that can search for such identical pictures by CRC and lets you delete them. one such tool is dupterminator it finds duplicate files by comparing md5 hash.

You let the tool search the files and you find one screenshot (show large files in the dir view in explorer.Exe) and locate it in the search results by sorting on the checksum column first and then all other files wich use the same screenshot should be in the same group. Highlight the files and press del button and they are erased.  After doing that rescrape your files and it will download new screenshots for the files you had erased.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 11:16:59 PM by joyrider3774 »

damonxxx

• View Profile
Re: Attract Mode scraper and updated rom sets
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 02:40:41 PM »
Hi,
I would go to

http://www.progettosnaps.net/snapshots/

get snaps Fullset 218 and overwrite with the following updates...(also flyer, marquee etc if you need...)

I think its fast and easy ;)