Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 548073 times)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 10.1 [Release] Updated 25 March 2021
« Reply #1245 on: March 31, 2021, 02:32:47 PM »
Hello Paolo !!! As always , thank you for your work !!

I want to inform you about a bug (maybe) ... I had selected an mp3 track for bgm and when the track end , AM crash ... Ive just tried with some other tracks and i had same result ...

anyway your work is awesome ;)

Thank you for spotting that issue, I'll see if it can be replicated, I know there may be an issue with looping sounds. Let me have a look at it :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1246 on: April 01, 2021, 01:02:20 AM »
I want to inform you about a bug (maybe) ... I had selected an mp3 track for bgm and when the track end , AM crash ... Ive just tried with some other tracks and i had same result ...

This happens on my test rig too, the end of the mp3 crashes AM with a "Bus error: 10" error. This is related to the loop property of the audio, if I disable that everything works fine, but of course the audio stops after a while. I thought I could use the .time and .duration properties to intercept the end of the mp3 and avoid the crash, but it seems both return "0" so I have no way to manage this at the moment. As a safety measure I'll disable the loop for background music, even if it makes no sense :D

markoattract

• View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: April 02, 2021, 01:10:40 AM »
Hello Paolo !!! Thanks for your eplanation, but for me is an alien language :D :D

anyway for me that issue is not important because i solved with a modified mp3 track in loop for 30 minutes ... So i have all the time for select a game and when i return to the layout the music restarts !

Thank you for your attention ! :D :D

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1248 on: April 02, 2021, 01:14:45 AM »
anyway for me that issue is not important because i solved with a modified mp3 track in loop for 30 minutes ... So i have all the time for select a game and when i return to the layout the music restarts !

Actually I was able to solve the issue with a bit of help from Yaron2019 :) AF 10.2 will loop without crashing, hopefully it will be out next week

ScherzKeks

• View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: April 02, 2021, 02:16:58 PM »
Do you think it would be possible to integrate the possibility to randomize the BGM music? e.g. shuffle an m3u list or play a random file from a BGM music folder?
I'm using a rather large (>60min) mp3 and have some more files I'd love to add as BGM music to the theme. For now I always hear more or less always the same part of that file.

Especially great would be that an BGM mp3 keeps playing even if you switch from one Display to another, as long you have the same BGM configured for that Display
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 02:53:42 PM by ScherzKeks »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1250 on: April 05, 2021, 10:30:42 AM »
Do you think it would be possible to integrate the possibility to randomize the BGM music? e.g. shuffle an m3u list or play a random file from a BGM music folder?

Shouldn't be too difficult to implement... what's the best option for you? Shuffle through the mp3s in a folder, or shuffle a m3u file?

Especially great would be that an BGM mp3 keeps playing even if you switch from one Display to another, as long you have the same BGM configured for that Display

If you use ARcadeflow for all your displays music should not stop when changing display

ScherzKeks

• View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: April 05, 2021, 02:47:36 PM »
I guess shuffling mp3's in a folder would be the very easiest way.

Seems that on my machine it stops/restarts audio on some certain screens. I'll investigate that further and let you know.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1252 on: April 06, 2021, 03:02:53 AM »
I guess shuffling mp3's in a folder would be the very easiest way.

Seems that on my machine it stops/restarts audio on some certain screens. I'll investigate that further and let you know.

I've implemented an option like this: you set a bgm mp3 as usual, if you enable the "randomize background tune" option then the layout will scan the folder from where you added the mp3 and play a random mp3 from that folder. Seems to be working fine.

As for the displays if you see the AF logo and the whole layout is reloading, then for some reason it couldn't "quick change" the display, and the music will restart

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 10.2 [Release] Updated 8 April 2021
« Reply #1253 on: April 08, 2021, 08:04:29 AM »
Arcadeflow updated to version 10.2!

This new version adds German translation, plus speed improvement related to scraping and media download.

Enjoy!

adu

• View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: April 15, 2021, 01:02:53 PM »
Hi zpaolo11x !

Long time no post from me, because I wasn't on my arcade cabinet for a while !
I decided to update my ArcadeFlow (I was on ArcadeFlow 9.0  ::)
Just install the new version and the features you added are awesome ! Again, thanks for your work !

But I got a strange bug ( ;D)
When I open my Steam section, every game is marked as unavailable, and I can't launch them.
If I choose ArcadeFlow 9.0 to display my Steam Games, everything is fine, no more unavailable games and I can play them (without any change in my Steam emulator config)
Do I miss something with Steam category now ?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1255 on: April 16, 2021, 07:08:52 AM »
But I got a strange bug ( ;D)
When I open my Steam section, every game is marked as unavailable, and I can't launch them.
If I choose ArcadeFlow 9.0 to display my Steam Games, everything is fine, no more unavailable games and I can play them (without any change in my Steam emulator config)
Do I miss something with Steam category now ?

It's not the first time I see such a bug, but can't remember who had it... I can try to replicate the issue if you send me (paolo.zago@gmail.com) your attract.cfg file, the emulator .cfg file you are using for steam, and the romlist file for steam games. How are the games run, via a script? I mean, what's in the "rom folder" for steam games?

adu

• View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: April 16, 2021, 09:35:18 AM »
I have sent you the files you requested !

The games are run as I've found in the forum, I got a steam emulator with :
Code: [Select]
# Generated by Attract-Mode v2.6.1
#
executable           C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe
args                 -applaunch [name]
rompath              D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps
romext               .acf
system               PC
info_source          steam
nb_mode_wait         10
artwork    marquee         
artwork    snap            D:\Aroms\steam\Snap
artwork    wheel           D:\Aroms\steam\Wheel

And it launch the .acf files located in my steamapps directory, with the help of the romlist file :
#Name;Title;Emulator;CloneOf;Year;Manufacturer;Category;Players;Rotation;Control;Status;DisplayCount;DisplayType;AltRomname;AltTitle;Extra;Buttons;Series;Language;Region;Rating
263880;Aqua Kitty - Milk Mine Defender;steam;;2014;Tikipod;shooter;2;;joystick (8-way),joystick (8-way);;;;Aqua Kitty;Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender;;4;;;;
263300;BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger;steam;;2014;arc;fighter2d;2;;joystick (8-way),joystick (8-way);;;;BlazBlue Calamity Trigger;BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger;;8;;;;
388750;BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend;steam;;2016;arc;fighter2d;2;;joystick (8-way),joystick (8-way);;;;BlazBlue Chronophantasma Extend;BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend;;8;;;;
285440;Crimzon Clover  WORLD IGNITION;steam;;2014;Degica Games;shooter;1;;joystick (8-way);;;;Crimzon Clover;Crimzon Clover World Ignition;;2;;;;
261180;Lethal League;steam;;2014;Team Reptile;sports;2;;joystick (8-way),joystick (8-way);;;;lethalleague;Lethal League;;2;;;;

The steamapps contains file named : appmanifest_45760.acf, appmanifest_263880.acf and so on, one for each game, generated by Steam itself.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1257 on: April 16, 2021, 09:39:46 AM »
I see what's the issue here: while the stam.cfg uses the -applaunch number to launch the app, and that number is saved in the romlist, in the directory you actually have a file called appmanifest_number.acf. Arcadeflow expects the "rom" filename to be the same as the entry in the romlist, to check if such file is present, so the check fails in this case.

There's no easy way I can fix this, the best option is to disable the file availability check in Arcadeflow options, Thumbnails, Decorations section. The decoration is just that, it doesn't prevent a game from being launched, so it should work well after you remove the red cross :)

adu

• View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: April 16, 2021, 09:42:32 AM »
As I just replied to you by email, I try disabling the unavailable decoration, the red cross is no more on my game, but I still can't launch them, AttractMode does nothing, the video is still playing and the game is not launched.

With the ArcadeFlow 9.0 version everything is running fine, with this configuration. But with AF 10.2, the Steam games work no more.

EDIT : on this topic, you can see that I've followed the guide to configure how Steam work : http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=503.0
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 09:44:43 AM by adu »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1259 on: April 16, 2021, 09:53:44 AM »
This is the fix for this issue: normally AF doesn't run non-available games, but with this change AF will launch any game if you disable the red cross decoration in the options. I'll post the solution here so that anyone with a similar issue knows what to do while the new version is released

open layout.nut and look for this line:

if (z_list.gametable[z_list.index].z_fileisavailable != "1") return true
and change it to this:

if (prf.REDCROSS && (z_list.gametable[z_list.index].z_fileisavailable != "1")) return true