Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 547981 times)

Sea Monkey

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 6.0 [Release] Updated 2 December 2019
« Reply #705 on: December 16, 2019, 04:24:30 PM »
I use Skyscraper with the screenscraper module, which returns multiple comma-delimited categories for many games.  The result is that these games don't display any category image.  It would be neat if the theme could parse these and cycle through the relevant category images for these games.  Alternatively, and probably much easier to implement, you could have it omit everything after the first comma thereby only using the image for the first category listed.

tvsht

• View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 17, 2019, 02:32:29 AM »
I use Skyscraper with the screenscraper module, which returns multiple comma-delimited categories for many games.  The result is that these games don't display any category image.  It would be neat if the theme could parse these and cycle through the relevant category images for these games.  Alternatively, and probably much easier to implement, you could have it omit everything after the first comma thereby only using the image for the first category listed.

Yup, same issue from me, didn't know the reason yet, thank you for solving that for me

Sea Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: December 18, 2019, 10:41:02 PM »
I made the mistake of defining Arcadeflow 6.0 as the layout type for the Displays menu and realized that this did not set it to the auto-generated list, but rather the default Arcadeflow layout used by the systems themselves.  I eventually figured out that the fix was to edit attract.cfg and set menu_layout to undefined (no text after 'menu_layout'). Noting this here in case anyone else runs into the same issue.

yxiie

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 19, 2019, 03:17:26 AM »
Any plans on supporting arbitrary aspect ratios? Many box covers like Wii U and PSP look ugly right now.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #709 on: December 20, 2019, 02:32:45 AM »

I'm attaching you an updated file to put into Arcadeflow 6.0 folder. I have to warn you that substituting this file will mess with manufacturer logos because it's a work in progress of Arcadeflow 6.1, so use it just for test to see if it solves your issues with categories. What it does is that it extract only the first category from the comma separated list.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #710 on: December 20, 2019, 02:34:16 AM »
Any plans on supporting arbitrary aspect ratios? Many box covers like Wii U and PSP look ugly right now.

Not at the moment: arbitrary aspects would be cool but it would be a complete rewrite of the theme, so it's not something I'll do so quickly. PSP box art will be severely cut in 3:4, but WiiU shouldn't look so bad... can you share a screenshot just to check that there's not something else going on?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #711 on: December 20, 2019, 02:44:58 AM »
I made the mistake of defining Arcadeflow 6.0 as the layout type for the Displays menu and realized that this did not set it to the auto-generated list, but rather the default Arcadeflow layout used by the systems themselves.

Yes that's the intended behavior in Attract Mode when using a layout as "displays" layout.

I eventually figured out that the fix was to edit attract.cfg and set menu_layout to undefined (no text after 'menu_layout'). Noting this here in case anyone else runs into the same issue.

You can obtain the same result in the menu where you set ARcadeflow as displays menu, just set the value to "Default" and it will use the list as displays menu

Sea Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 20, 2019, 06:27:12 PM »

You can obtain the same result in the menu where you set ARcadeflow as displays menu, just set the value to "Default" and it will use the list as displays menu

Strangely enough, this set it back to the Basic layout and editing the config was the only way I managed to get it back.  I haven't experimented with it further, but I figured whatever function ArcadeFlow uses to generate the Displays menu doesn't run every time a system is loaded, but rather only when ArcadeFlow is set as the theme for a system.  I could be completely wrong.  I was just happy I figured out how to fix it.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 6.1 [Release] Updated 24 December 2019
« Reply #713 on: December 23, 2019, 11:59:39 AM »
Arcadeflow 6.1 is out! Mostly bug fixes and a larger number of vector manufacturer logos!

Enjoy, report bugs and happy holidays!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 12:31:18 AM by zpaolo11x »

dark1973

• View Profile
« Reply #714 on: December 23, 2019, 02:12:12 PM »
Grazie per la nuova versione e tanti auguri!!

Jate

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: December 31, 2019, 05:42:50 AM »
In display menu you can't watch videos, is that correct? Only work in systems?

And I have another problem, GameGear videos look bad in Boxart mode

« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 09:08:32 AM by Jate »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #716 on: December 31, 2019, 10:39:41 AM »
In display menu you can't watch videos, is that correct? Only work in systems?

You want videos to play when using Arcadeflow as displays menu layout? I have to check, I'm not sure if videos are disabled. You must put your system videos in the menu-art folder...

And I have another problem, GameGear videos look bad in Boxart mode

Oh this is bad... the situation is similar to Genesis (vertical box art and horizontal screenshots) and I'm sure that it works in that case, so the issue may be related to the LCD nature of the Game Gear... I'll have a look at the code next year :D

Jate

• View Profile
« Reply #717 on: January 01, 2020, 03:56:23 AM »
You want videos to play when using Arcadeflow as displays menu layout? I have to check, I'm not sure if videos are disabled. You must put your system videos in the menu-art folder...
Yes, I do it but it doesn't work

Oh this is bad... the situation is similar to Genesis (vertical box art and horizontal screenshots) and I'm sure that it works in that case, so the issue may be related to the LCD nature of the Game Gear... I'll have a look at the code next year :D

Thanks , in genesis/megadrive games go well. Only fail in gg and neogeo pocket

And one suggestion, could you make the active video scale to the standard aspect ratio (4: 3 or 16: 9)?
or that the video is extended as in the theme Ambience HD (by Oomek)?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #718 on: January 01, 2020, 04:35:20 AM »
Yes, I do it but it doesn't work

Ok, this is by design. I think you can fix this going to line 589 in layout.nut and remove the line that says:

Code: [Select]
prf.THUMBVIDEO = false
or change it to

Code: [Select]
prf.THUMBVIDEO = true
Thanks , in genesis/megadrive games go well. Only fail in gg and neogeo pocket

And one suggestion, could you make the active video scale to the standard aspect ratio (4: 3 or 16: 9)?
or that the video is extended as in the theme Ambience HD (by Oomek)?

I found the bug and I'm fixing it, I'll share a beta as soon as it's ready.

As far as the expanding video is concerned, that's a good idea even if I didn't implemented it from the beginning because that would make the theme too similar to Oomek's layout... But I'll think of something...

katarak

• View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 02, 2020, 05:30:37 PM »
Hi zpaolo11x,

Arcade flow is the best looking layout I've seen so far, and I'm really enjoying using it.

I tend to use Box-Art Tiles instead of the default Snap Tiles, and I've noticed 2 inconsistencies which I would fix (even if just on my end) if possible. I just wouldn't know where to start and where to look.
When using Snap Tiles, the game title is ritten if a Wheel image is not found. However in Box-Art Mode. the game title isn't written if a box-art isn't available (making it hard to cycle through the games). Further more Wheel images are never used. I understand that normally box art would have the game name in giant text, but I donno, I figured it might look good and I wanted to try :P

I really like how the system names come out as logos, but I haven't figured out the necessary naming for the systems to ensure they always come out with the logo. Is there a list somewhere we can use to ensure your system names are always correct?

Thank you for this amazing layout.