Author Topic: Problem exiting one game  (Read 4428 times)

DudeRegular

• View Profile
Problem exiting one game
« on: August 15, 2015, 04:18:28 PM »
I am running AM on my cabinet (CRT, Groovymame, Win 7, etc) and have had a great time so far. I decided to put Fix it Felix Jr on using The wrapper Howard_Castro put together: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,135805
I am setup using the windows_games emulator as suggested on the boards here. My "rom" is just the shortcut (.lnk) file.

The game runs fine. My problem is only when it exits. I get stuck with the taskbar visible over the top of AttractMode (running the fill screen option as suggested) and the focus being stuck on the taskbar. This is the only game I seem to be having an issue with. I have replicated this problem with both versions 1.5.3 and 1.4.

The weird thing is I have no issues with this on my desktop. I built the config on the desktop then copied all the pertinent files over to the cabinet and then the issue popped up. The cabinet is really just a plain win 7 load  with AM, groovymame and drivers. I have also tried setting win 7 to basic vs aero, auto hide the taskbar, ensure no other programs are running (just AM and the accompanying cmd window).

Really appreciate any help. Hopefully this is something simple. Thanks

hermine.potter

• View Profile
Re: Problem exiting one game
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 10:36:13 PM »
Try this:
in AM goto Plug-Ins > enable Resfix > add your emulator as Specific Emulators (in your case : windows_games)
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM

DudeRegular

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 02:37:50 PM »
Unfortunately the resfix plugin did not seem to impact anything. I added pac-man championship dx as a windows game to the list. That game exits properly back to attractmode no issues.

I also created a separate romlist with just windows games to make sure it wasn't something weird because I had Fix it felix in with other mame games list.

This one is an interesting problem. I am not at all convinced this has anything to do with attractmode at this point. Just posting here to see if anybody else had a similar issue.

thanks

WP34

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 06:42:45 AM »
Sorry to bump this old thread but I'm having the exact same problem with Felix and the Res plug-in is not fixing it for me either.  Just curious if anyone else had this problem and found a resolution.