Author Topic: All Games List?  (Read 7653 times)

Ryugah

• View Profile
Re: All Games List?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2020, 01:26:08 PM »
Again, there are many ways to accomplish this.

Some people will always start with complete romlists so there aren't games ever added/changed. Then they create a global filters to only display games they actually have roms for.

Some people would manually edit the two romlist.txt to add the game entry to the system list and the master list.

Some people import romlists from other systems like HyperSpin.

Some people create romlists from the command line using filter switches when they are built.

Attract-Mode is very versatile and you may do similar things in different ways. Everyone has different preferences. My advice is plan/decide how you want your system to work and then determine the best way for you to get there. I spent a lot of time to get my system where I wanted it and barely ever make any changes to it.

the second options seems pretty easy but i didnt work i add the game to the system list and master list
(the game appeared in the system list) but in the "all favourite" game list didnt appear
i also tagged the game as favourite but doens't show up.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2020, 09:59:52 PM »
the second options seems pretty easy but i didnt work i add the game to the system list and master list
(the game appeared in the system list) but in the "all favourite" game list didnt appear
i also tagged the game as favourite but doens't show up.

To use the first option you can add a global filter (this IMO is the best option if you plan to add roms all the time)
Code: [Select]
        global_filter
                rule                 FileIsAvailable equals 1

You do understand that the "master list" favorites/tagging is a different file from the "system list" favorites/tagging file. Please read the entire "master list" thread to better understand how it works (by people asking questions) and how you can hide of all your system lists but still show per systems lists using only the master list and filters (which eliminates the multiple favorites/tagging list issue).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 10:07:22 PM by progets »

Ryugah

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2020, 09:46:08 AM »
yeah well i kind of fix the problem thanks to you! but now it appears as "the last game" in list i would love to arrange all my games by letter but when i try to do so nothing seems to change.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2020, 12:26:12 AM »
yeah well i kind of fix the problem thanks to you! but now it appears as "the last game" in list i would love to arrange all my games by letter but when i try to do so nothing seems to change.

Try a "sort by" global filter or place your manual entry in the correct alphabetical place in the romlist.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2020, 04:03:28 PM »
Something I can actually talk about and not seem like an idiot. xD

The system (ex. SNES, megadrive, mame, ect.) need to be there because it tells AM what emulator to use (in a sense) when launching the game.

You can combine ALL your games and systems into one list and filter them by genre or player or whatever you want

For example if you combine them all and filter by fighter then you get ALL the fighting games from ALL the systems (clay fighter..weaponlord, ect.) in with your street fighter and tekken. or you can filter them by the number of players so bomerman or general chaos gets added in with your mutant ninja turtles...

But yes you have to fill in the missing info with ini files..OR scrape the info from the games database (gamebd.net) or you can just add it manually. Using ini files is faster and can be done without an internet connection. Scraping takes a little longer and you MUST be connected to the internet.

What I used to do was just copy each of my game lists into one master list. Thus I had DICE (think pong and such) and Daphne (think dragon's lair. (Although I found the default setup for daphne with AM does have a few problems so I made them all individual "systems" then added them to one list and ran them that way.)) I added atomiswawe, naomi, sega model 1,2,3 and last I would add TaitoX (well on windows at least.)

That way all your "arcade" systems are in one list. Make is easy on you. 1. it's just easier. 2. it keeps people from asking you how to get to so-and-so game every 30 minutes! (you can do all this with emulation station on the pi too (or with AM on the pi))

I think AM will make a master list for you. you can tailor your list however you like. AM is very  flexible when it comes to list making. I have been wanting to do a write up...but been dragging my tail or trying to get it back lately…
People want life easy..then complain about it