Author Topic: Media  (Read 1932 times)

skellington

• View Profile
Media
« on: September 09, 2020, 12:01:01 PM »
I want some opinions or comments , I'm trying to install a different front end like : hyperspin/ launchbox exclusively for their sync ability to match my media super fast once that's done I'll continue working in Attract Mode. Does anyone have experience with a premium paid subscription with any of these two or any other front end that has Media sync (wheels, menu, videos, etc). Im getting Emumovies lifetime for sure I just want to do the media for the others.  I want to mention that I'm planning to have a huge library of games and working manually has been a pain and a waste of time to some extent.

dmmarti

• View Profile
Re: Media
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 12:40:25 PM »
You could just use EmuMovies own sync tool (it's Windows only I think though).

https://emumovies.com/files/file/321-emumovies-sync/

That'll download whatever media you select for your roms.  It has a GUI interface, you select your rom folder, what system it is, and what media you want .. then tell it where to download them to.

rand0m

• View Profile
Re: Media
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 12:48:21 PM »
EmuMovies would pretty much cover everything. MAME multimedia would cover the more exotic systems too but only for titles which actually work in mame. AM saves images/videos as [name] LaunchBox (afaik) has a different naming convention which will be a headache once you want to switch back to AM.

I would recommend sticking with snap, video and flyer only, rest of media items like wheels mostly cover only well known systems. If you are aiming for *complete* collection (ALL arcades, consoles, computers, handhelds) then make sure you go for Redump, No-intro and MAME plus other well established sets like eXoDOS and Amiga. These will allow easy collection of media.