Author Topic: OlRoom Theme Released (Full theme on 2nd page) (Thanks for Ptiwee for codding)  (Read 136314 times)

incy2k

• View Profile
Re: Can someone talented make a theme like this?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 03:20:34 AM »
I agree these images look really great, would love to try also curious how many backgrounds you have created.is it just one generic and the poster art loaded from flyer along with console loaded from clogo or are they static?

Spinelli

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2016, 08:00:05 AM »
For those who would like to use and test this, here follow the pack with the themes for: Master System, Mega Drive, Sega 32X, NES, Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 08:35:49 AM by Spinelli »

Spinelli

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2016, 08:03:28 AM »
I agree these images look really great, would love to try also curious how many backgrounds you have created.is it just one generic and the poster art loaded from flyer along with console loaded from clogo or are they static?

The posters are static for this theme because I like to keep a clear visual identity with each theme and know exactly which system is selected, even if other elements like the console and specific action figures are present. The only thing dynamic is the snap (videos) and the boxarts.

Ezraiel92

• View Profile
All of the themes seem to be working great. Thanks for releasing them, this is what I've been looking for. Do you plan on releasing anymore systems like gamecube,wii,ps1,ps2, and dreamcast? Thanks once again.

Spinelli

• View Profile
All of the themes seem to be working great. Thanks for releasing them, this is what I've been looking for. Do you plan on releasing anymore systems like gamecube,wii,ps1,ps2, and dreamcast? Thanks once again.

Yeah, in the future!  ;)

kent79

• View Profile
Thank you so much  :)

Nicodemus

• View Profile
Excellent :o I have only tried the SNES layout but look forward to trying the others. Just a thought, it would be super cool if the box art was added and scanlines to the T.V.

Spinelli

• View Profile
Excellent :o I have only tried the SNES layout but look forward to trying the others. Just a thought, it would be super cool if the box art was added and scanlines to the T.V.

Here is the site where I download my boxarts.

http://www.theoldcomputer.com/game-box-art-covers/

For Snes, Mega Drive, Master System and Sega 32x I used the 3D Box Art.
For N64 and NES I used the 2D ones, with a "fake box" embeed in the theme.

The Scanlines in TV would be a great implementation. But, like I said, I'm a newbie in code.. Im just a designer :)
Maybe Ptiwee or other talented guy can edit the code to add a scanline layer in front of the TV.

:)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 07:19:57 PM by Spinelli »

Nicodemus

• View Profile
My mistake, the box art is already coded in. Im truly amazed at the talent of the people here! :D

bundangdon

• View Profile
Great stuff! The artwork on this layout is superb! :) By any chance would you be willing to share the artwork - photoshop psd files? I was interested in adding my own posters (on the wall) to the bg.png file :D

ryuuji

• View Profile
That it is cool :) could you make a version of SNES using the EU console version ? :D
and add more systems
Gj  8)

mgerety

• View Profile
This theme is almost perfect, except for one thing. 

Us real genesis fans know that's not the REAL Sega Genesis in that first picture. ;D

THIS is the real Sega Genesis:

Cobra83

• View Profile
Wow this theme looks pretty awesome!

I have a couple questions....would v0.4 be the ideal Attract Mode for me to install on my Raspberry Pi 3?

I am currently on the official latest EmulationStation and was curious and tempted to redo my whole setup.

Also curious if these themes can be applied to individual systems....for instance can I use what you posted for the consoles and something like the Nevato theme for arcade?

Would you ever make a Sega CD version of this theme and other consoles that are supported like the TG16? Possible to fix the Snes controllers to match the NTSC and fix the Genesis as someone else mentioned?

Last thing....if possible it would be awesome to release the files for us to add our own posters etc...example ---> Add a Castlevania poster on the wall in the NES room? Thanks for any help in
advance!!!!

Great job and thank you for sharing!

I am off to try this all now....(=
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 12:58:12 PM by Cobra83 »

Spinelli

• View Profile
This theme is almost perfect, except for one thing. 

Us real genesis fans know that's not the REAL Sega Genesis in that first picture. ;D

THIS is the real Sega Genesis:

Thats Because I'm from Brazil, and here the Sega Genesis is called Mega Drive! :)

Spinelli

• View Profile
Wow this theme looks pretty awesome!

I have a couple questions....would v0.4 be the ideal Attract Mode for me to install on my Raspberry Pi 3?
I am currently on the official latest EmulationStation and was curious and tempted to redo my whole setup.

Sorry, I don't Know.

Also curious if these themes can be applied to individual systems....for instance can I use what you posted for the consoles and something like the Nevato theme for arcade?

Yes, sure! :) I use this theme for my console emulators and a custom nevato (edited by me) for Arcade ones!

Would you ever make a Sega CD version of this theme and other consoles that are supported like the TG16? Possible to fix the Snes controllers to match the NTSC and fix the Genesis as someone else mentioned?
Last thing....if possible it would be awesome to release the files for us to add our own posters etc...example ---> Add a Castlevania poster on the wall in the NES room? Thanks for any help in
advance!!!!

I Will post soon the .PSD file, so anyone can edit the posters or create new themes easly.

Great job and thank you for sharing!

I am off to try this all now....(=

Thank You!  :D