Author Topic: How to view enlarged snaps in Attract Mode  (Read 3054 times)

Neil

• View Profile
How to view enlarged snaps in Attract Mode
« on: February 17, 2019, 11:19:19 AM »
I've seen in some themes people allow the viewing of the snap enlarged, I don't know how they did it but I saw creators display this in their youtube trailers to demonstrate the themes.

Anyone know what button press enables this? I was also wondering if this is theme dependent or universal accross Attract Mode, and if it is universal is it possible to do this with flyers as well? On a crt sometimes flyers are hard to see and it would be awesome to be able to see them enlarged with the press of a button.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: How to view enlarged snaps in Attract Mode
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 11:39:53 AM »
I've seen in some themes people allow the viewing of the snap enlarged, I don't know how they did it but I saw creators display this in their youtube trailers to demonstrate the themes.

This is not a built-in feature in AM, it's something theme developers code in their layouts. Therefore even the buttons used to enable this snap zooming is theme dependent.

Neil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 02:20:00 PM »
Thanks for letting me know.  :)
I don't suppose anyone has the lines of code for Squirrel that if inserted into the layout.nut of any given theme would allow one to view a larger sized version of the flyer at the press of a button.  ;D

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 02:08:47 AM »
it is not a complex code, I can try and code something, I don't know where to "paste" it in a layout though, it might broke the layout if placed in the wrong place. Maybe someone can create a module, something similar to the history module, that once activated allows you to see a full screen snap of the current game and works with every layout.

Bgoulette

• I wrote a book.
    • View Profile
    • BlakeGoulette.com
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 06:18:57 PM »
This sounds fairly straight forward -- so long as it's kept fairly rudimentary. Unless someone beats me to it, I'll see if I can knock something out tomorrow or the next day.

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 11:49:22 PM »
if image is larger (say 1400) and layout display is scaled down (say 800) then an on_signal function can be made to show image in original size. This would require images to have identical size and would work great as larger images will have a very negligible footprint (of scaling down) by using mipmap.

Else use "Pan and Scan" module for zooming > https://github.com/mickelson/attract/blob/master/config/modules/pan-and-scan.nut