Author Topic: Fanart/Isometric Magazine Theme  (Read 16547 times)

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
Fanart/Isometric Magazine Theme
« on: March 19, 2016, 05:36:49 PM »
Choose between Fanart & Isometric magazine styles:

*Please note, this needs the updated pan/scan v1.2 from this thread for the laptop screensaver to work correctly. http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=624.0

This is designed for portrait/vertical displays. Drafted at 768x1366.

Credits: Verion for the cabinet and font, Arcadebliss for history display, Chrisvg for pan/scan, and everyone else that is making this frontend.

Fanart layout includes:: Two strip wheels with selected art in the background, and Attract Mode Monthly logo.
Isometric layout includes: laptop screen, marquee, cab screen, picture frame, posters 1-4, angled monitor, bar code, left wheel, mascot, and Retro Gamer logo.

Please let me know if you find any bugs. If you want to use the history.dat feature it's in the options...it basically is just an overlay near the bottom that displays history info...from the popup script found in the forums.

ToDo: Logo for the shirt, genre placement, better code commenting... I'm going here for some inspiration: https://archive.org/details/electronic-games-magazine

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 07:17:01 PM by bionictoothpick »

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
Re: Fanart/Isometric Magazine Theme
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 05:40:05 AM »
I really like this theme. If I ever build a vertical cab, I use this. Regarding the logo on the boy's back, use the manufacture's logo :) Just like in the old days wearing an Atari shirt with logo.

Here's a collection of logos: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/367-manufacturer-logos/

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 06:23:09 AM »
Thanks, you've inspired me to rewrite the code now that I've learned a bit more. I don't have a timeline, but it won't be months, rather weeks.

jasonsj10

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 06:10:47 PM »
I hate to ask it, but would it be possible to have a horizontal version of this?

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 03:14:20 AM »
I've been revising the code. It was designed to be vertical specific...

What portion of the magazine would you want to see? If it is just rotated it loses way too much with the black border...it could be an open magazine maybe.

The isometric room would work horizontally...with the posters and such...is that what you are referring too jansonsj10?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 10:48:34 AM by bionictoothpick »

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 07:46:47 AM »
Anyone still have these files?

Choose between Fanart & Isometric magazine styles:

*Please note, this needs the updated pan/scan v1.2 from this thread for the laptop screensaver to work correctly. http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=624.0

This is designed for portrait/vertical displays. Drafted at 768x1366.

Credits: Verion for the cabinet and font, Arcadebliss for history display, Chrisvg for pan/scan, and everyone else that is making this frontend.

Fanart layout includes:: Two strip wheels with selected art in the background, and Attract Mode Monthly logo.
Isometric layout includes: laptop screen, marquee, cab screen, picture frame, posters 1-4, angled monitor, bar code, left wheel, mascot, and Retro Gamer logo.

Please let me know if you find any bugs. If you want to use the history.dat feature it's in the options...it basically is just an overlay near the bottom that displays history info...from the popup script found in the forums.

ToDo: Logo for the shirt, genre placement, better code commenting... I'm going here for some inspiration: https://archive.org/details/electronic-games-magazine

[attachment deleted by admin]

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 09:21:02 AM »
Thanks. I want to rework it for the newest version of AM.

wildpumpk1n

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 11:54:29 AM »
thanks to you @nevincho i was looking for an vertical layout to start maybe to understand how layout works :)

Ezryel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2019, 10:55:45 AM »
Hi Guys, will this theme work in AM on retropie?