Author Topic: Create a master romlist to enable multi-emulator searching, filtering & tagging  (Read 34631 times)

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Since I migrated to AM (Attract Mode) from a different frontend, my setup isn't a typical Attract Mode setup. It's very complex and uses RocketLauncher which isn't required in AM.

If you want to know more read this thread http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2401.msg16418#msg16418.

Mark Norville

• View Profile
I will no doubt in the future have to use RL once again, I believe that you can run some Teckno Parrot games now from this without having to use TP itself.

After using CoinOps for the past couple/few years a lot of what I knew on RL and XML files are buried deep inside of my mind, and I am slowly remembering how to do things on an XML set up.

I really need to go through my HyperSpin tools and see which ones can help me with AM such as creating XML files etc it is pretty bad that HyperList has not been updated for what looks like years, E.G they do not even have the PS3 as a system.

Emu Movies is just as bad, so many missing artwork and video's that really should have been completed years ago, but it looks like they just done the basic bare minimum work, charged everyone £60 or whatever I paid for a life time subscription, and then never bothered to add any more to it. When you become a slave to the CoinOps World then you tend to become stupid and reliant on other people for graphics and rom sets etc.

I still download certain rom packs but I mainly rip out the roms and certain artwork such as logos. Sadly a lot of rom sites will eventually get shut down due to stupid youtubers that make posts on where to download roms from, one of which has a lot of taboo company roms, and as they have shut down a lot of other sites that supplied their roms, these new sites will not be up for long, so at the moment it is a case of try and grab stuff while it is still there.

Right shower and shops time, I hate going out shopping on a Sunday, but ran out of beer so needs must

Regards

Mark
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Computer Specs : I7 3770K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Win 10
HD Specs : 1 x 1 TB SSD + 4 x 8 TB = 33 TB (fullish)
First system : ZX81 (Yes I am an old fart)
PS Network : MarkNorvile
Xbox : Mark Norville