Author Topic: Command Argument issue  (Read 1498 times)

overmang5

• View Profile
Command Argument issue
« on: May 15, 2020, 03:31:04 PM »
Hello,

I'm setting up Attract mode on Windows 10.

Most of the games for Mame I have are working fine now except for 2.

These 2 specific games require the -inipath command line argument to run.  If I run them in the windows command line as mame\mame64.exe -inipath C:\Emulators\mame\Mame64 C:\Emulators\roms\mame\xmcotau.zip  they work fine.
If I try to run them without the -inipath argument they issue missing files errors.

Trying to run them from Attract mode, causes missing files errors even when adding the -inipath [workdir] [name] to the Command Arguments field. I'm assuming Attract mode is not really passing the arguments.

Anybody know what I may be doing wrong?  Is there anyway to know what exactly the command Attract mode issues to start a rom looks like?

overmang5

• View Profile
Re: Command Argument issue
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 10:19:43 AM »
Finally figured out what the issue was, but not sure how to solve it.

It seems mame is looking for these 2 games in a directory they are not in when run from the command line / Attract Mode, but not sure how to change this.

In an effort to organize my roms better, and making sure everything works correctly, I moved the roms from the roms directory inside the mame folder to an outside folder which will contain all the roms for all the different systems.

I changed the roms path for mame oin the gui and regenerated the internal list, and most games worked fine that way. However these 2 for some reason are still expecting to be in the mame\roms folder.

I copied the zip file from the roms directory everything is now in, to the old roms directory, and the game worked from the command line and Attract Mode.

So I'm at a loss, as to why its still looking for those 2 there.   There's nothing else there and all the other games work fine from the new folder.  So not sure how to actually force mame to look for those specific 2 games in the new directory, or why it isn't trying to find them there in the first place

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Command Argument issue
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 08:40:24 PM »
It's likely you need to add your new rom paths to your MAME emulator mame.ini file.

example of the line in the mame.ini
Code: [Select]
rompath                   roms;D:\Roms\MAME;D:\Roms\MAME SL