Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 549583 times)

Flash85

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 15.9 [Release] Updated 23 March 2023
« Reply #1545 on: April 02, 2023, 07:01:52 AM »
I am using the latest version of GroovyArcade which includes AM+.  I am using this on a real arcade CRT monitor connected through a J-PAC.  All of the themes I have tried work as they should… except Arcadeflow.  I have changed my cache to 0.  However when I try to use the theme all I see is large white text that takes up the whole screen for the rom list and the video snaps playing in the background.  Is there a setting I am missing or a fix for this?  In case it makes a difference, the way I installed this was by downloading the latest source from the GitHub and copying it to the layouts folder for attract mode.

erzak

• View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: April 07, 2023, 05:37:22 PM »
I have ArcadeFlow 15.1 running, and at launch it tells me that version 15.9 is available.  However if I scroll down to "download and install" and then press enter, it launches whatever game is highlighted in the background.  If I hit escape, the game exits, and I see a circle of dots with "Installing" above them, but it just sits there and never does anything.  Any ideas how to make the auto-install work?  If I hit escape again, it seems to cancel the process, and I don't find a new AF archive anyplace, at least not in downloads folder, or the folder where I have AF installed. Thanks!

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1547 on: April 08, 2023, 12:05:01 AM »
I have ArcadeFlow 15.1 running, and at launch it tells me that version 15.9 is available.  However if I scroll down to "download and install" and then press enter, it launches whatever game is highlighted in the background.  If I hit escape, the game exits, and I see a circle of dots with "Installing" above them, but it just sits there and never does anything.  Any ideas how to make the auto-install work?  If I hit escape again, it seems to cancel the process, and I don't find a new AF archive anyplace, at least not in downloads folder, or the folder where I have AF installed. Thanks!

I can try to debug the issue if you have a last run log with the error, or you can manually update to 15.9. Download the release here: https://github.com/zpaolo11x/Arcadeflow/archive/refs/tags/15.9.zip then do a backup copy of your current arcadeflow folder just in case something goes wrong, and unpack the new release on top of the old release. The release won't touch your config files and should work fine once you run it again.

erzak

• View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: April 09, 2023, 08:32:18 PM »

I can try to debug the issue if you have a last run log with the error, or you can manually update to 15.9. Download the release here: https://github.com/zpaolo11x/Arcadeflow/archive/refs/tags/15.9.zip then do a backup copy of your current arcadeflow folder just in case something goes wrong, and unpack the new release on top of the old release. The release won't touch your config files and should work fine once you run it again.

Thank you, I can certainly do the manual update, but would be nice to be able to get the auto install working in the future.

Below is the contents of last_run.log

Attract-Mode Plus v2.6.2 (Build 163) (Windows, SFML 2.6.0 +7z +Curl)
avcodec 58.54.100 / avformat 58.29.100 / swscale 5.5.100 / avutil 56.31.100 / swresample 3.5.100

Config: C:\AttractMode\attract.cfg

*** Initializing display: 'MAME'
 - Loaded master romlist 'MAME' in 365 ms (665 entries kept, 0 discarded)
 - Constructed 2 filters in 0 ms (1330 comparisons)
! NOTE: Setting base_rotation is deprecated. Use toggle_rotation or Screen Rotation in General Settings.
 - Loaded layout: C:\AttractMode\layouts/Arcadeflow_151/ (layout.nut)

AN ERROR HAS OCCURED [the index 'redraw' does not exist]

CALLSTACK
*FUNCTION [bar_cycle_update()] C:\AttractMode\layouts/Arcadeflow_151/layout.nut line [330]
*FUNCTION [unknown()] NATIVE line [-1]
*FUNCTION [unknown()] NATIVE line [-1]
*FUNCTION [afinstall()] C:\AttractMode\layouts/Arcadeflow_151/layout.nut line [12787]
*FUNCTION [unknown()] C:\AttractMode\layouts/Arcadeflow_151/layout.nut line [12992]
*FUNCTION [on_signal()] C:\AttractMode\layouts/Arcadeflow_151/layout.nut line [17938]

LOCALS
[AF] TABLE
[redraw] true
[command] "== Info:   Trying 140.82.113.6:443...
"
[this] TABLE
[AF] TABLE
[ap] """
[newaffolderTEMP] "C:\AttractMode\layouts/Arcadeflow_159TEMP/"
[newaffolder] "C:\AttractMode\layouts/Arcadeflow_159/"
[nameiteration] ""
[afname] "Arcadeflow_159"
[zipball] "15.9"
[this] TABLE
[textarray] ARRAY
[ver_in] "15.9"
[prf] TABLE
[AF] TABLE
[gh] TABLE
[ap] """
[newaffolder_noslash] "C:\AttractMode\layouts/Arcadeflow_159"
[newafname] "Arcadeflow_159"
[out] 4
[this] TABLE
[zmenu] TABLE
[prf] TABLE
[snd] TABLE
[count] TABLE
[AF] TABLE
[prfmenu] TABLE
[key_rows] ARRAY
[key_selected] ARRAY
[kb] TABLE
[attract] TABLE
[flowT] TABLE
[ap] """
[umvisible] true
[umpresel] 18
[disp] TABLE
[overlay] TABLE
[z_list] TABLE
[search] TABLE
[backs] TABLE
[pagejump] 10
[scroll] TABLE
[tilesTableZoom] ARRAY
[focusindex] TABLE
[tilesTableUpdate] ARRAY
[data_surface] INSTANCE
[UI] TABLE
[scroller2] INSTANCE
[scrollineglow] INSTANCE
[labelstrip] INSTANCE
[corrector] 0
[sig] "select"
[this] TABLE
Script Error: the index 'redraw' does not exist

AN ERROR HAS OCCURED [the index 'redraw' does not exist]

CALLSTACK
*FUNCTION [bar_cycle_update()] C:\AttractMode\layouts/Arcadeflow_151/layout.nut line [330]
*FUNCTION [afinstall()] C:\AttractMode\layouts/Arcadeflow_151/layout.nut line [12793]
*FUNCTION [unknown()] C:\AttractMode\layouts/Arcadeflow_151/layout.nut line [12992]
*FUNCTION [on_signal()] C:\AttractMode\layouts/Arcadeflow_151/layout.nut line [17938]

LOCALS
[AF] TABLE
[redraw] true
[command] NULL
[this] TABLE
[AF] TABLE
[ap] """
[nameiteration] ""
[afname] "Arcadeflow_159"
[zipball] "15.9"
[this] TABLE
[textarray] ARRAY
[ver_in] "15.9"
[prf] TABLE
[AF] TABLE
[gh] TABLE
[ap] """
[newaffolder_noslash] "C:\AttractMode\layouts/Arcadeflow_159"
[newafname] "Arcadeflow_159"
[out] 4
[this] TABLE
[zmenu] TABLE
[prf] TABLE
[snd] TABLE
[count] TABLE
[AF] TABLE
[prfmenu] TABLE
[key_rows] ARRAY
[key_selected] ARRAY
[kb] TABLE
[attract] TABLE
[flowT] TABLE
[ap] """
[umvisible] true
[umpresel] 18
[disp] TABLE
[overlay] TABLE
[z_list] TABLE
[search] TABLE
[backs] TABLE
[pagejump] 10
[scroll] TABLE
[tilesTableZoom] ARRAY
[focusindex] TABLE
[tilesTableUpdate] ARRAY
[data_surface] INSTANCE
[UI] TABLE
[scroller2] INSTANCE
[scrollineglow] INSTANCE
[labelstrip] INSTANCE
[corrector] 0
[sig] "select"
[this] TABLE
Script Error in signal handler: on_signal - the index 'redraw' does not exist
 - Working directory: c:\emulation\mame/
*** Running: mame.exe daraku

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1549 on: April 10, 2023, 10:18:37 AM »
Thank you, I can certainly do the manual update, but would be nice to be able to get the auto install working in the future.

The error I see is caused by the version of Attract Mode Plus which is not the latest build, that's why it fails. you have to download the latest artifacts from here: https://github.com/oomek/attractplus/actions/runs/4659031912 you'll need a github account to download them at the bottom of the page.

erzak

• View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: April 10, 2023, 01:27:15 PM »

The error I see is caused by the version of Attract Mode Plus which is not the latest build, that's why it fails. you have to download the latest artifacts from here: https://github.com/oomek/attractplus/actions/runs/4659031912 you'll need a github account to download them at the bottom of the page.

Ah, okay, I will fix that as well.  Is that as simple as extracting the new archive contents over the existing?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1551 on: April 11, 2023, 11:40:09 PM »
Ah, okay, I will fix that as well.  Is that as simple as extracting the new archive contents over the existing?

As far as I remember, the archive has the attractplus executable to place in the old location, should be as simple as that.

Kaizen777

• View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: May 04, 2023, 01:19:14 AM »
Hello, is it possible to have this scroll vertically instead of horizontally?  Thanks!

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1553 on: May 05, 2023, 10:53:41 PM »
Hello, is it possible to have this scroll vertically instead of horizontally?  Thanks!

This has been requested many times before, but it's not gonna happen soon. The whole idea of Arcadeflow is based on the horizontal scrolling, inspired by Plex Media Player (before the 2.0 redesign). Converting AF to vertical scrolling will require some large redesign of the UI, which is the reason why I say it's not gonna happen "soon", since I'm in the process of rewriting some of the internal code. Might happen in the future? Only if I find a UI/UX solution that is satisfactory and flexible enough :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 16.0 [Release] Updated 05 June 2023
« Reply #1554 on: June 05, 2023, 12:00:11 AM »
Arcadeflow 16.0 is out!

For this version that has an evocative number, a lot of code has been refactored to be more robust and efficient. Lots of new features under the hood but also a new menu look.

## What's new in v 16.0 #

- Added option for fullscreen tiles
- Added option for scrape timeout
- Added new zoom rate options
- Redesigned help images for options
- Improved More of the Same menu
- Improved support for multi emulator romlists
- Fixed bug with More of the Same menu
- Fixed zoom ratio for slimline layout
- Fixed support of redirect romlists

Enjoy!

Kaizen777

• View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: June 10, 2023, 08:46:54 PM »
Wow, great work!  There is a VERY significant performance boost on my machine.
Question - is it possible to get this to show all of the videos at the same time like the "grid" layout does?
This is so much more functional than that layout, but I have to admit I do like seeing all of the videos.  ; )

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1556 on: June 11, 2023, 02:13:27 AM »
Wow, great work!  There is a VERY significant performance boost on my machine.
Question - is it possible to get this to show all of the videos at the same time like the "grid" layout does?
This is so much more functional than that layout, but I have to admit I do like seeing all of the videos.  ; )

Technically it's possible, but I think it will have an hit on performance. My idea was to enable this feature with the new sound engine, so I could lower the volume of "non selected" videos, creating that background noise typical of an arcade full of games.

I'll see how it fares with all the videos enabled, maybe I can manage the performance.

Kaizen777

• View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: June 11, 2023, 11:10:46 AM »
It will definitely have a hit on performance...
But wow, that is an amazing idea to have all of the audios going at a background level.
Very ambitious!  =D

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1558 on: June 11, 2023, 12:15:07 PM »
It will definitely have a hit on performance...

Not just because of the multiple playback, but also because the movies need to be loaded and that is a blocking process. AF tries to load the video only when nothing is happening (not during scrolling for example), but with many videos to load a bit of stuttering during sudden movements will be unavoidable.

But wow, that is an amazing idea to have all of the audios going at a background level.
Very ambitious!  =D

At the moment it would be quite easy to let the movies play while the video is on screen, and then stop them when it's off-screen, I think I'll have time to do some tests next week.

Kaizen777

• View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: June 13, 2023, 06:15:49 PM »
I approve!  =D

At the moment it would be quite easy to let the movies play while the video is on screen, and then stop them when it's off-screen, I think I'll have time to do some tests next week.