Author Topic: Exiting game results in immediate relaunch of same game...Why?  (Read 5963 times)

DSX_FX

• View Profile
Exiting game results in immediate relaunch of same game...Why?
« on: September 25, 2016, 01:53:02 PM »
Running Attract-Mode on a raspberry pi 3.  Anyone know what would be causing games to immediately reopen after exiting them? It's intermittent, but happens enough to be extremely annoying (30% of the time.)  It does not happen in emulationstation at all, only attract-mode. Doesn't matter which emulator or system you are in, or what type of controller.  Exiting with an arcade stick or a wireless keyboard will generate the same issue.  Any ideas of what is causing this problem and what a potential fix might be?  Thanks in advance!

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Exiting game results in immediate relaunch of same game...Why?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 05:24:59 PM »
Running Attract-Mode on a raspberry pi 3.  Anyone know what would be causing games to immediately reopen after exiting them? It's intermittent, but happens enough to be extremely annoying (30% of the time.)  It does not happen in emulationstation at all, only attract-mode. Doesn't matter which emulator or system you are in, or what type of controller.  Exiting with an arcade stick or a wireless keyboard will generate the same issue.  Any ideas of what is causing this problem and what a potential fix might be?  Thanks in advance!

Here are a few things you can check:

Make sure input_poll_type_behavior = 1; you can find it here  /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

Also, make sure attract is set to fill screen. 

« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 01:41:12 PM by omegaman »

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 08:09:40 PM »

Here is a few things you can check:

Make sure input_poll_type_behavior = 1; you can find it here  /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

Also, make sure attract is set to fill screen.

On the Pi I think you want "Full Screen" and not "Fill Screen". "Fill Screen" will cause some emulators like AdvMAME and Daphne to run behind AM (a.k.a. in the background).

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 02:38:33 PM »
progets-

Oh!, I thought that issue was fixed without having to use fullscreen. I know Raygun was aware of it, but I wonder if setting the hide_console flag to yes in conjunction with fill screen works as well. On my pi I'm using the default fill screen without issue but I haven't tested daphne yet. I thought I tested AdvMAME  but now I'm doubting myself  :)

Anyway, I think I'll try installing AdvMAME on my pi again and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up.

DSX_FX

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 04:07:02 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I will test these out shortly and report back.

slowsl

• View Profile
Slowsl
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 11:37:17 AM »
Any solution?  I'm having a similar issue exiting games.  It immediately relaunches a game, and sometimes will be stuck scrolling down for a couple seconds before it launches.  It does this for all console games using start + select hotkey, as well as mame exit shortcut (1player + 2player start in my case).  Everything is fine running emulationstation.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Slowsl
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 09:10:39 PM »
Any solution?  I'm having a similar issue exiting games.  It immediately relaunches a game, and sometimes will be stuck scrolling down for a couple seconds before it launches.  It does this for all console games using start + select hotkey, as well as mame exit shortcut (1player + 2player start in my case).  Everything is fine running emulationstation.

This is caused by an old keyboard bug in AttractMode which has been fixed. Upgrade your version of AttractMode to solve your issue. This thread http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1150.0 talks about the same problem and resolving it.

sparkie16

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 02:34:17 AM »
Before updating attract mode run     sudo apt-get update   and then sudo apt-get upgrade
Then just follow the install update attract from wiki pages no need to follow other steps just attract.
Ive just finished this and now attract runs flawlessly on top of floobs v5 image.