Author Topic: Feature Suggestions: Hide Mouse Pointer & Global Hotkey exit  (Read 7454 times)

shade99gt

• View Profile
Feature Suggestions: Hide Mouse Pointer & Global Hotkey exit
« on: December 22, 2014, 12:22:10 AM »
First off, thanks Andrew for a great Front End!  I really appreciate your efforts.  I love Attract-Mode and have a couple feature suggestions:

HIDE MOUSE POINTER - This could be settable in an emulator cfg file.  This option would hide the mouse cursor before emulator launch and restore it when returning to Attract-Mode.  This would fix problematic emulators like Demul where the mouse pointer is visible in gun games.

GLOBAL HOTKEY EXIT - This could be settable in an emulator cfg file.  This option would allow Escape (or a user selectable button) to exit emulators that don't quit by pressing Escape (e.g. Nebula, Model2, Zinc, PCSX2, etc.).   This option would map Escape as a global hotkey and monitor a process with the emulator executable name (or defined by the user).  When Escape is pressed, it performs the action defined by "ExitMethod".  I know there are AutoHotKey scripts that do this, but this would be awesome to have it natively in Attract-Mode and configurable per emulator.  This would also be great for PCSX2 which does close when pressing Escape but has a lingering process that doesn't terminate properly and hangs Attract-Mode.

Configurable options for this could be:
PollRate= Rate in milliseconds to check if Escape (or user selectable Exit button) is pressed
ExitMethod= Send a user selectable key or key combination (e.g. Alt-F4), Send Close Message, Send Exit Message or Terminate Process
ProcessName= Could be [emuexe] which grabs the name of the process from the emulator exe in the cfg file, or a user definable process name.

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Feature Suggestions: Hide Mouse Pointer & Global Hotkey exit
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 10:29:36 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll add them to the list.

I think I have a good idea for how to implement the global hotkey exit, so I'll mess around with it when I get the time, I can see how it would be really useful depending on the emulator.

bikeguychicago

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 06:34:41 PM »
I second the global hot key. Also, it would be nice if there were a way to return to full resolution when exiting from a program too. I set one of my configurations up to launch Fix It Felix. The program resizes the screen on launch (DirectX) but doesn't return to the native resolution when the program is launched via AttractMode. Instead it returns to AttractMode in the same resolution FiFJr was running under, cropping the AttractMode screen and making it unusable.

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 11:05:37 PM »
I second the global hot key. Also, it would be nice if there were a way to return to full resolution when exiting from a program too. I set one of my configurations up to launch Fix It Felix. The program resizes the screen on launch (DirectX) but doesn't return to the native resolution when the program is launched via AttractMode. Instead it returns to AttractMode in the same resolution FiFJr was running under, cropping the AttractMode screen and making it unusable.

Try enabling the ResFix plugin to fix the resolution problem with fix it felix.