Author Topic: fe.add_artwork() --- feature: random choice of file  (Read 1946 times)

Firefoxian

• View Profile
fe.add_artwork() --- feature: random choice of file
« on: December 06, 2020, 04:48:47 PM »
I can't the a .nut function fe.add_artwork() so I assume it's compiled in the exe. What I want is for the system to choose a random image from the list of available locations.  So the emulator setting is something like: media/flyer;media/fanart;media/otherart. So up to 3 files should be available to display (more if they are in subfolder sets). Each time the image is choosen to display, attractmode should choose one at random from all available files. Currently, it only chooses from the first folder with a file in it. So in my example if media/flyer contains no files, media/fanart contains 2 inside a folder of the same game  name and media/otherart has one file, attract mode will cycle through the fanart files, but completely ignore the otherart file.

Firefoxian

• View Profile
Re: fe.add_artwork() --- feature: random choice of file
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 03:56:15 PM »
looks like the system is in fact doing this already, but the frequency threw me off because my test was coming up with just the same image instead of rotating them.  so in that regard..... might be good to have control over frequency