Author Topic: NxL theme! [Release] new video!2-4-2017 Update  (Read 165604 times)

Nodoyuna

• View Profile
Re: Nesica X live theme! [Release] new video!
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2016, 02:33:28 AM »
Hi

First of all, congratulations for making such a beautiful theme :D

I've just installed the frontend only to have your theme, because I was using Hyperspin until yesterday...

I've set up AM and your theme, the videos showing fine and the marquees for selecting the games works fine too

I have a couple questions...

1) The theme is asking for a logo (the logo for the system) I'm not able to find it myself... Where is it?
2) Where can I find the XML Database for NesicaXLive? (I need it because I'm using Rocketlauncher UI in conjunction with AM)
3) I plan to make AM and your frontend my default, so I'll migrate all my systems from HP to AM, so where can I find the marquees for other systems and games? (the ones at the bottom which makes the "wheel")

Hope I'm not asking too much

Thanks in advance

atrfate

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2016, 06:27:24 AM »
Hi

First of all, congratulations for making such a beautiful theme :D

I've just installed the frontend only to have your theme, because I was using Hyperspin until yesterday...

I've set up AM and your theme, the videos showing fine and the marquees for selecting the games works fine too

I have a couple questions...

1) The theme is asking for a logo (the logo for the system) I'm not able to find it myself... Where is it?
2) Where can I find the XML Database for NesicaXLive? (I need it because I'm using Rocketlauncher UI in conjunction with AM)
3) I plan to make AM and your frontend my default, so I'll migrate all my systems from HP to AM, so where can I find the marquees for other systems and games? (the ones at the bottom which makes the "wheel")

Hope I'm not asking too much

Thanks in advance
? i am unsure of what logo you are reffering to if you extracted it to the root of a drive all the default artwork should load
2 you dont need xmls arcadebliss made a plugin for AM to work with it
3 I made every single one of them, so their custom.

Nodoyuna

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2016, 07:34:13 AM »
Hi

i am unsure of what logo you are reffering to if you extracted it to the root of a drive all the default artwork should load

The logo I'm talking about is the one on the top left corner

you dont need xmls arcadebliss made a plugin for AM to work with it

I'm using AM in conjunction with Rocket Launcher... How can I generate a gamelist for it?

I made every single one of them, so their custom.

Are you planning on make those for other systems? If not, is it possible to get marquees form Internet and resize them? Will it work?

Thanks in advance

atrfate

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2016, 03:04:31 PM »
Well to start off with your running an old version of the layout id recommend you update it with the new updates of layout only or full pack

if you have downloaded and installed the rocketlauncher integration pack it lets rocketlauncher read games gamelist

Nodoyuna

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2016, 03:39:02 PM »
Well to start off with your running an old version of the layout id recommend you update it with the new updates of layout only or full pack

I've donwloaded from the link in the first post... Is there an updated version? Where can I get it?

EDIT: I've downloaded again and started configuration from scratch and now it shows the logo too :)

Another question is: Can I use your theme for other systems, besides Nesica?

if you have downloaded and installed the rocketlauncher integration pack it lets rocketlauncher read games gamelist

I've not installed it yet... Where can I find it?

EDIT: Found it and installed, but I'm not able to run any game with RL and AM

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 09:12:14 AM by Nodoyuna »

web

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2016, 07:50:00 AM »
Sirs, I need some help to understand the error that is happening with rockectlaucher and the integration plugin with AM.

I followed the installation ReadMe.mht and when I open the rocketlaucher and ask to generate the list of games for the emulator that I called capcom worked perfectly.

But another emulator that I called ArcadeClassics appears the following error:

"Error parsing databaser files, make sure the XML is well-formed."

Both are based on MAME 179 and both have their own romlets.

What can this problem be?

atrfate

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2016, 06:07:53 PM »
I dont know what read me you are referring 2,  however You dont use XML gamelist and must make a gamelist in accordance with AM. You can look around these forums to convert a hyperspin list into an AM list. but with out a proper AM romlist nothing is going to work properly.

anx10us

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2016, 02:26:17 AM »
Hi

First off awesome work, this is such a great release, there isn't really much I can think of to improve, looks absolutely amazing on my Vewlix L ;-)

I do have a few questions ..
  • How do I make the banner list scroll the opposite way to how it is configured ? What I would like to do is push the joystick to the left and have the list scroll left, at the moment it scrolls the opposite to what feels natural ?
  • Is there an easy way to add new games ? Do I edit the romlist by hand, or is there some way to load the romlist into rocketlauncher and edit via a UI etc ?
  • If I wanted to add Naomi Games, how do I add a new system ?
  • where are the vendor logos saved ? Such a Cave, Altus etc that are shown in the top right ?

Hopefully these make sense, I can edit the files manually but would like to do this properly, I can see this becoming my only Frontend, so would like to add Naomi, Dreamcast and Mame/Cave games ...

Thanks

atrfate

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2016, 04:15:33 AM »
1:/ Define Your own personal controls in AM like any otherfrontend Tab/config /controls
2:/3 adding and removing games/systems is done via the romlist in atttract mode. same for systems id suggest reading around the forums for a more detailed description
4:/ Publisher, Manufacture artwork is located inside the main layout folder inside AM so nesicaxlive/am/layouts/nesicaxlive/assets/publisherlogos

And 3 Contonuied
You can add any game like pc or orthersie.  keep in mind you will need at minimum a custom Grid/Wheel image to match the rest, A Logo, a Video
For extra art requirements you weill need a flyer and s snapshot.

anx10us

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2016, 04:47:51 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply, sounds like i'm going in the right direction.

Another question, you mentioned in your first post about your custom loader and using the background if available for PC games ? How could I get this to work for Mame ?

Basically i'm looking at running vertical Mame games, this would usually leave black columns on the left and right, would your loader be able to add background art on either side, basically the same as the Nesica Ikaruga or Crimzon Clover releases ?

Thanks

web

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2016, 06:52:17 PM »
I dont know what read me you are referring 2,  however You dont use XML gamelist and must make a gamelist in accordance with AM. You can look around these forums to convert a hyperspin list into an AM list. but with out a proper AM romlist nothing is going to work properly.

Thank you friend.

So the romlist in the attractmode is perfect (for all the emulators I have) but in the rocketlaucher in (audit games) the list does not appear for some emulators and for others it works.

web

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2016, 11:07:50 AM »
I record a movie to show the problem .....

https://youtu.be/oqPg_MHhW2c

atrfate

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2016, 11:17:21 AM »
their is extra blank lines at the button of your romlist if that doseent fix it your own your own.

web

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2016, 11:22:06 AM »
their is extra blank lines at the button of your romlist if that doseent fix it your own your own.

WORKS !!! so many thanks.

In my face and I have not seen... thanks again

mxstar1

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2016, 12:14:12 PM »
I love this theme!, i was wondering how i can use it as a "display's Menu" for use with the new display menu option, instead of using it just for launching nesica games, i tried to use it as the theme, but it doesnt pick up the menu wheel art, or snaps. or anything for that matter. any idea how i can edit it to do so?  I'd like all my system icons on the wheel, and system previews mp4's in the video section from "attract\menu-art".  maybe even the system logo in the corner. then have it go to the system instead of trying to launch the game