Author Topic: Extracting zipped ISOs for emulators such as PCSX2  (Read 7508 times)

astoufu

• View Profile
Extracting zipped ISOs for emulators such as PCSX2
« on: May 31, 2017, 12:45:44 PM »
Hello guys, i've been using Attract Mode and i am really enjoying it, but i came from Launchbox/BigBox that have a feature that i am missing: extract games before open the emulator, but want find a way to solve.

I have a 2TB External Hard Drive, so as i don't have much space to store uncompressed ISOs for systems such as Game Cube, Wii and PS2, i have all of them Zipped, and they get extracted when launched and deleted after closing the emulator.

I was thinking about to create a BAT to use 7zip to extract, but im not sure how to point the file i want, then open the emulator looking for it.

I am just looking to make this for Dolphin, PCSX2, as them won't support ZIP files. Im not sure if a single BAT can make all this work or if im gonna need something more complex as AHK file, that i don't know how to use it properly.

I thought about Rlauncher, i think it have such a feature, but my sets don't follow their databases, so i was avoiding it.

Any ideas i could use?

hermine.potter

• View Profile
Re: Extracting zipped ISOs for emulators such as PCSX2
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 10:35:22 PM »
extracting every .iso? This is a very unhandy, because you have to wait for extracting the game. Bad handling. So it's better to buy another hdd drive.
So far:

1) Create batch-files for each game and move it to a 'main-folder':
executable           cmd
args                 /c "[romfilename]"
rompath              C:\attract\EMU\whatever_emulator/roms
romext               .bat

create a 'main-folder' for all games/roms; create to this folder .bat-files with this each game:
Code: [Select]
@echo off
"C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" e C:\attract\EMU\whatever_emulator\roms\whatever_game.zip -oC:\attract\EMU\whatever_emulator\extract
your_emulator.exe arguments C:\attract\EMU\whatever_emulator\extract\your_game.iso

or

2) Set it to AM:
executable           cmd
args                 /c "C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" e [romfilename] -oC:\attract\EMU\whatever_emulator\extract & start your_emulator
rompath              C:\attract\EMU\whatever_emulator\roms
romext               .zip
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 01:14:30 AM »
I thought about Rlauncher, i think it have such a feature, but my sets don't follow their databases, so i was avoiding it.

If you properly install the AM (Attract-Mode) plugin for RL (RocketLauncher) the AM romlists will be used as the databases in RL. Your rom naming conventions won't matter.

Here's the link to the AM plugin for RL http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=858.msg6557#msg6557

Deu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 12:58:17 PM »
You can compress your PS2 isos to gzip format *.gz (7zip can do), PCSX2 it supports natively and you don't need to decompress the isos reaching similar ratios than a *.rar format.

For Gamecube and Wii you can use GCZ format, you can convert your isos from the Dolphin menu using right click.

For PSX you can use PBP format.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 01:00:29 PM by Deu »

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 07:10:10 PM »
i have to say im  impress t,,a lot of good
knowledge around these parts  ...

thanks..
help a friend....