Author Topic: Showing off GLSL Mame.  (Read 71619 times)

liquid8d

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Showing off GLSL Mame.
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2015, 12:29:48 AM »
Good, I'm not going crazy. Yours looks great! There is definitely something wrong. Look at the SNK logo or copyright symbol (or any of the things I highlighted).

I tried some of the individual shaders that Luke so graciously has put together and something was definitely wrong with a couple. I'm going to keep playing with them for a while and post results from both machines a little later.

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2015, 12:31:46 AM »
Maybe you could try how it looks on OS X. Since it is exactly the same setup as mine.

Luke_Nukem

• View Profile
    • Blogging about Rust lang
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2015, 03:49:36 AM »
Good, I'm not going crazy. Yours looks great! There is definitely something wrong. Look at the SNK logo or copyright symbol (or any of the things I highlighted).

I tried some of the individual shaders that Luke so graciously has put together and something was definitely wrong with a couple. I'm going to keep playing with them for a while and post results from both machines a little later.

I suspect it's a setting that's messed up, such as the scanlines. I'll check it out, it may even be that it's getting the wrong texture/color map size and the calculations are getting skewed

More shaders here https://github.com/Luke-Nukem/attract-extra/tree/master/layouts/shaders

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2015, 07:23:52 AM »
Can you add to CRT-Halation shader additional switch for disabling geometry distortion?
It would be great to have this - for making straight rectangle screenshots (for AM/MAME snaps).

Luke_Nukem

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2015, 02:53:21 PM »
Can you add to CRT-Halation shader additional switch for disabling geometry distortion?
It would be great to have this - for making straight rectangle screenshots (for AM/MAME snaps).

Sure, that's easy to do, I'll sort it out later.

jimmer

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2015, 03:47:17 PM »
What sort of monitors are you guys using?
Does this CRT shading needs something special? or do you get better results with better monitors?

Can I expect an OK result on my old DELL 1907FP 1280x1024 monitor ?

thanks

Luke_Nukem

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2015, 08:39:09 PM »
What sort of monitors are you guys using?
Does this CRT shading needs something special? or do you get better results with better monitors?

Can I expect an OK result on my old DELL 1907FP 1280x1024 monitor ?

thanks

Should be fine. I use an old 19" LCD in one of my machines. I find if you're using shaders, the higher the res you set the screen, the better the shaders effects. Not always true though as Mame can be set to switch res. And it can have an impact on performance.

cmoses

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2015, 10:36:15 AM »
Nice.. I like that better because I have an idea of what effects I like and also can use ones that don't have such a high performance hit.

I'm pretty sure something is wrong for me with the Halation one. It just looks bad in everything I've tried, everything appears very jagged/blocky. It's particular noticeable with text. Would this be maybe something unsupported for opengl on my video card? I'm testing the Intel HD 3000 here but seem similar results on the Nvidia GTX 570.

Again, I'm not great with what this stuff is supposed to look like, so maybe it's just me.

I got the following output when running it, but it happens with both shaders:

Code: [Select]
../../../../../src/osd/modules/opengl/gl_shader_tool.c:334: GL Error: 1282 0x502

../../../../../src/osd/modules/opengl/gl_shader_tool.c:334: GL Error: 1282 0x502

../../../../../src/osd/modules/opengl/gl_shader_tool.c:343: GL Error: 1282 0x502

../../../../../src/osd/modules/opengl/gl_shader_tool.c:343: GL Error: 1282 0x502

../../../../../src/osd/modules/opengl/gl_shader_tool.c:325: GL Error: 1282 0x502

../../../../../src/osd/modules/opengl/gl_shader_tool.c:325: GL Error: 1282 0x502

Halation (highlighted, the title font is jagged, but here it's very drastic)

Same here, the title and arrow look bad (this is paused so it is darker than usual)

Lottes - just from my perspective, or maybe it covers up certain imperfections looks great

I am getting the same blocky appearance when I run the halation shader.  I am also using a nVidia card the 730GT.  Any updates on this issue.