Author Topic: Attract-Mode and Kega Fusion  (Read 19556 times)

nitrogen_widget

• View Profile
Re: Attract-Mode and Kega Fusion
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 04:48:28 AM »
have you tried:
http://mednafen.sourceforge.net/

or mess?

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 03:50:43 PM »
Yes I have tried MESS, but it's a pita and will only work when it wants to. At least for sega CD anyway.  As for mednafen I didn't know that it did sega. I just used it for my TG-16. So i'll try it. Thanks. (I had an old version of mednafen..the repositories are old I guess) Well looks like I didn't test mednafen after all. I get so sound with it through/from Attract-mode. Here is the error:

Code: [Select]
Initializing sound...
  Using "ALSA" audio driver with SexyAL's default device selection.ALSA Error: snd_pcm_open(&alsa_pcm, id ? id : "hw:0", SND_PCM_STREAM_PLAYBACK, 0) Device or resource busy
Error opening a sound device.

But I get sound from every other program (music vids ect.) even while it is running, just no sound from mednafen.

As for mess everything works fine sound and all. Maybe I am just being picky is all.
People want life easy..then complain about it

nitrogen_widget

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2015, 03:30:12 AM »
Looks like pulseaudio might be the issue.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1412855

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2015, 11:02:24 AM »
Ok so here is what I figured out. Kega Fusion will just not play nice. As for mednafen I fixed that. You have to change the settings in the conf file for the sound settings to dsl. (If you use sdl in snes9x you'll get the sound from snes 9x AND attract mode.) I got retroarch to work on another computer just fine. (I have a nNvidia gfx card in the other). dolphin, desmuMe, yabause, I can't run with my little laptop. as for pcsx and epsxe..I'm having problems running them. I'll come back and post my findings if anyone really wants to know.

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2015, 05:58:38 PM »
Ok so here is what I figured out. Kega Fusion will just not play nice. As for mednafen I fixed that. You have to change the settings in the conf file for the sound settings to dsl. (If you use sdl in snes9x you'll get the sound from snes 9x AND attract mode.) I got retroarch to work on another computer just fine. (I have a nNvidia gfx card in the other). dolphin, desmuMe, yabause, I can't run with my little laptop. as for pcsx and epsxe..I'm having problems running them. I'll come back and post my findings if anyone really wants to know.

Ok, sounds like you are figuring it out and it might not be attract-mode after all.  That's good!  :)  Please do post your findings when you find out more.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2015, 09:19:14 PM »
Ok so it gets wierd-er. I got Kega Fusion to work just fine through attract mode. No sorry I have no idea how or what. I can run it without problem on one computer, but on another I get no sound. To make it worse I can't get the one that plays sound to notice my d-pad..on the one without sound it will find my d-pad no problem. (Yes the d-pad works with everything else)  :o I have not be able to find a clue to the problem. During this time i have made a list of emulators and fixes. If you'd like a "write up" on how to set up attract mode for linux I should be able to put one together. Here are my findings..well the best I can do anyway:

fceux works normal
gens/GS works normal
Kega Fusion does work..except it will not close from fullscreen in linux
mame works
mess works
mednafen change sound to sdl
pcsx  works
epsxe works
retoarch works..with a little effort
snes9x 1.52 works (alsa normal) (dsl both attractmode and 9x)
stella works
visualboy advance unsure
*yabause N/A (I can't run it)
mudapenplus works
nestopia works
bsnes/hagin works
zsnes works
zinc no sound from emulator even without attract mode
freedo via wine works..like crap
*dolphin I can't run it
desmuMe unsure
final burn alhpa via wine works
dgen works
Note: there is a 3DO emulator native to linux but i am having trouble running it and the main page is in russian (I think)
* My computer is old
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 05:51:34 AM by akafox »

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2015, 07:02:49 PM »
hi akafox, it would be great if you could post the emulator configuration files for the emulators you have configured that aren't in there by default on attract-mode.  we can add them to the distribution so that there are more default configurations available to everyone...

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2015, 09:27:54 AM »
Sure I can do that. But I won't be able to do all of them..like I said old computers. Which ones do you need or want? Just the one you don't already have huh? ;) Also do you want them posted here or a new thread. or do you just want a zip file of them?

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2015, 12:28:26 PM »
Sure I can do that. But I won't be able to do all of them..like I said old computers. Which ones do you need or want? Just the one you don't already have huh? ;) Also do you want them posted here or a new thread. or do you just want a zip file of them?

I guess just the ones that you think might be useful to others.  They aren't huge or anything so could just be posted in a message with the Insert Code option.   Alternatively you could submit them as pull requests on github... https://github.com/mickelson/attract/tree/master/config/emulators

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2015, 06:02:57 AM »
Yeah I know it's old..I hope it pops up as new (as reply). Ok So windows kega fusion is fine. I can use WINE in linux to run it yes but I lose performance so I really want to use native linux kega fusion. So for you peguins out there would you please test this for me..or am I the only one with this problem. I have searched yes..and I know that kega drops from full screen with the esc key when using that switch from the command line. Again works great in windows (like is should) but not linux anybody got any ideas? I have gens/g7 runs great. tried mess and retroarch get slow performance from both. Haven't tried osmoose yet...can't get it yo compile on a 32 bit system. medefen does sega consoles fine. It would just be nice to use kega that's all. Maybe i'll gripe on the forums there and someone will see it...

EDIT: I went to mednafen for sega master system. MESS will work also.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 04:37:03 PM by akafox »