Author Topic: Hyperspin Theme conversion question - Backgrounds not Showing  (Read 8180 times)

Steve0

• View Profile
So.. digging thru the forum I've found a plethora of information on how to "convert" the hyperspin themes into attract mode.   The problem I'm having is I can get the theme over...and load the video / cartridge art, etc...  but my Artwork in the default.zip (which is in the \themes folder) does not show.  This consists of Artwork1.png, Artwork2.png, and background.png.   I've attached a screenshot.  Any suggestions?  I've even tried putting these in the artwork1, artwork2 and background folder... with no joy.   

KTURNER

• View Profile
Re: Hyperspin Theme conversion question - Backgrounds not Showing
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 11:55:12 AM »
Don't feel alone, I cain't get mine working either. I can on my laptop but not on my arcade :(

Steve0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 01:35:36 PM »
Hmm.. gives me an idea....  Do you mind telling me what your resolution is set at on your laptop and on your arcade machine?

slickturtle_gamer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 07:28:58 AM »
Your Theme.xml dictates which directory it is looking for specific artwork. If the folder structure on disk doesn't match, then it won't be able to load.

Most Hyperspin themes assume everything sits in the same directory. Make sure spelling is correct and everything is extracted.

The other key thing is, make sure you have the latest hyperspin.nut file located in your /opt/retropie/supplementary/attractmode/share/attract/loader directory.

If you are still having issue try creating this structure in your theme folder and placing the proper files in each folder.

Images/Backgrounds
Images/Artwork1
Images/Artwork2
Images/Artwork3
Video

KTURNER

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 10:44:57 AM »
arcade it 1280x1024 I think and laptop is 1366x768. no matter what I set it to is does not change my issue though. I'm getting really frustrated with it because I know its got to be something simple and I know I we can't be the only two with this issue. Another thing, how does it know where the adobe flash is located and does it even use it. I went into the file and tried to open the background swf and nothing. I downloaded a flash played and I was able to view it. That makes me think it is a flash issue. I just don't know were to start. I like hyperspins themes but I don't like hyperspin and I would really like to get this to work.

Steve0

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 11:51:36 AM »
Sorry, been busy with Personal Issues.. but I'm making this my mission when I get some more time to really dig into it... step by step.   I've got a few suspicions that I'll try this weekend if time permits.

Steve0

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 02:25:23 PM »
Still busy with personal issues.. but i did find out that that (at least with the hyperspin themes) my symlinks seemed to break it.  If i put the artwork directly in the folder necessary it did work....   Going to dig later to see if I can get it to work with symlinks... but otherwise mine does come up corectly.  The symlink that appeared to break it was the one going to themes... backgrounds (and a few others) could be symlinked.

IceLancer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 05:34:16 AM »
Hey guys, i was playing arround and i just ran across the same issue. Symlinking does seem to break hyperspin loader for themes, i am not certain why. BUT here is it works:
if u unpack theme and it becames folder , AM will load the theme. But if theme is in zip file it will not load

I used print in order to attempt to figure out what is happening.

Loading theme:.../Nintendo 64/Themes/AeroFighters Assault (USA).zip
But zip isnt loading?!?
Now if i unpack that zip
Loading theme:.../Nintendo 64/Themes/AeroFighters Assault/
Theme loads..wtf?

my first thought was admin issues? its not.
AM is maybe trying to unpack zip to the same folder before using artwork inside it and gets denied ? I am not sure
-
now i am even more baffled..
it appears it is parsing theme.xml within zip file
Code: [Select]
parsing XML: <Theme><video w="684"h="524"x="436"y="402"r="0"below="no"forceaspect="none"time="1"delay="0.5"bsize="8"bsize2="14"bsize3="22"bcolor="13158"bcolor2="16777215"bcolor3="13158"bshape="round"type="none"start="bottom"/><artwork2 x="453" y="120" r="0" time="1" delay ="0.5" type="elastic" start="top" rest="pulse"/><artwork3 x="825" y="378" r="0" time="1" delay ="0.5" type="elastic" start="right" rest="none"/></Theme>
parsing XML: (function : 0x0000000010EEFB50)
parsing XML: (instance : 0x0000000004D6D350)
But as to why is it not loading rest of theme files i have no idea

Maybe someone more qualified can give assist ?
@liquid8d

KTURNER

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 05:53:46 AM »
My issues was my graphic card drivers were not installed properly. I have everything and I mean everything in folder c:\attract mode. I can copy my whole folder from one pc to another and not have to change a thing. I had one pc that worked great, copied to another pc and the back grounds wouldn't work at all. Reinstalled the driver then everything worked great.

IceLancer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 06:19:51 AM »
My issues was my graphic card drivers were not installed properly. I have everything and I mean everything in folder c:\attract mode. I can copy my whole folder from one pc to another and not have to change a thing. I had one pc that worked great, copied to another pc and the back grounds wouldn't work at all. Reinstalled the driver then everything worked great.
this is totally different issue.Besides we are talking about symlinking hyperspin folder, dont hijack the issue ,thanks

KTURNER

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2017, 10:23:53 AM »
I miss understood, You don have to be a jerk about it.

IceLancer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 11:35:27 AM »
I miss understood, You don have to be a jerk about it.
No, u are one being jerk right now. You didnt bothered to read discussion in topic at all which i pointed to you and even said thanks.

liquid8d

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 06:11:02 PM »
Let's calm down, it seems like a misunderstanding, no need to get up in arms. KTurner was already in the discussion you joined and the topic was that Hyperspin layouts were not loading.

IceLancer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2017, 11:31:29 AM »
Let's calm down, it seems like a misunderstanding, no need to get up in arms. KTurner was already in the discussion you joined and the topic was that Hyperspin layouts were not loading.

I am calm but even tho his name is in topic his talk and even worse his post suggest like another persona. I assume he forgot what was topic discussion and conclusion and just jumped in with ..preposterous ideas about driver reinstall or other system.. i see people with such notions every day in my life i am sick of it.
Anyway i do not appreciate being called names on forums or otherwise. Some common decency is being called for