Author Topic: How do I add/remove roms on a list?  (Read 13798 times)

DarakuTenshi

• View Profile
How do I add/remove roms on a list?
« on: March 26, 2017, 02:20:21 PM »
I'm running Raspberry Pi 3 Attract Mode. I rather like it as I have become addicted to the stylings of HyperSpin. Problem is, I'm having to relearn how to do everything in Attract mode. There are games that I want to remove (not just the ROMs but the game info from Attract Mode as well). So in FBA I'm wanting to purge out all the adult themed games I've already deleted the games from the set, but the selection when I go into FBA is still showing. I would like to remove that from the wheel.

Also for these lists that are already prebuilt that are missing games I'd like to add them. For instance Street Fighter Collection is missing games like the original Street Fighter or SNK vs Capcom Chaos.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 03:28:20 PM by DarakuTenshi »

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
Re: How do I add/remove roms on a list?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 11:20:39 PM »
OPTIONS > EMULATORS > YOUR_EMULATOR > Generate Collection/Rom List

It will re-generate AM game list - based on the roms that are in your rom directory/folder

DarakuTenshi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 06:00:13 PM »
I found that when you go in to modify the game info on any given game there is an option at the bottom to delete the game from the list.

Now I just have to find how to build a custom list. So adding games across multiple platforms like I've seen in areas like Sonic Collection, Street Fighter Collection, Mario Games and the like.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 08:07:02 PM »
I found that when you go in to modify the game info on any given game there is an option at the bottom to delete the game from the list.

Now I just have to find how to build a custom list. So adding games across multiple platforms like I've seen in areas like Sonic Collection, Street Fighter Collection, Mario Games and the like.

This will explain how http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1165.0

You might find this thread helpful too http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1563.0
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 09:16:05 PM by progets »

tekn0

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 01:52:13 PM »
Is there a quick way to edit a file with ssh or ftp to just add a single rom to an existing list? Or do I need to regenerate the list every time I want to add one.

For example, I added an entry in "/home/pi/.attract/romlists/Super Nintendo Entertainment System.txt"
I also added a wheel and snap art, but the entry is not being displayed.

Thanks again for all the help.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 02:08:42 PM by tekn0 »

hermine.potter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 11:29:36 PM »
@tekn0
close AM > download your romlist via WinSCP > Edit your Romlist > Upload your romlist via WinSCP > start AM
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 12:20:02 AM »
Is there a quick way to edit a file with ssh or ftp to just add a single rom to an existing list? Or do I need to regenerate the list every time I want to add one.

For example, I added an entry in "/home/pi/.attract/romlists/Super Nintendo Entertainment System.txt"
I also added a wheel and snap art, but the entry is not being displayed.

Thanks again for all the help.

Pi F.A.Q. #6 http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1249.0

Once you make the samba/cifs share you can use any text editor on your Windows, Mac or Linux machine to edit the file over the network.

You could also ssh to the Pi and run
Code: [Select]
nano "/home/pi/.attract/romlists/Super Nintendo Entertainment System.txt"

This will allow you to modify the file from the command line.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 12:26:26 AM by progets »

tekn0

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 12:25:58 PM »
@tekn0
close AM > download your romlist via WinSCP > Edit your Romlist > Upload your romlist via WinSCP > start AM

EDIT: Im a DUMBASS, I had a typeo in my roms file name. All is well now and working. :)

Thank you again.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 04:48:35 PM by tekn0 »