Author Topic: Using Attract-Mode on Steam Link shows both desktops  (Read 2801 times)

informix

• View Profile
Using Attract-Mode on Steam Link shows both desktops
« on: July 14, 2018, 02:52:02 PM »
Setup AM on my PC.. been getting it 'just right' for a few weeks. And its working pretty awesome.. (makes me want to build an arcade cabinet)
BUT.
Trying to stream it to my Steam Link it displays the AM program as  half my screen on the TV and showing what I assume is my other monitor (duel monitor setup) as the other half.  None of my other Steam games do this.  And I'm not 100% sure it an issue with AM.. But i'm hopefully someone else knows what to do..

Current versions of Attract-Mode, Nvidia drivers, and Steam all installed on Windows 8.1 also fully updated..  I do NOT have the nvidia expreince installed as it has caused some other issues with non streaming games. 

Any help for a new guy.?

« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 08:41:39 PM by informix »

informix

• View Profile
Re: Using Attract-Mode on Steam Link shows both desktops
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 07:01:58 PM »
Found a bunch of posts around the web stating you can have it "follow" your mouse around duel desktops. But it all seemed a bit "off"

Eventually i just ended up going through all the settings in Steam Link and Attract Mode.. And found a duel desktop setting.. I turned it to off..And its full screen.  Not sure that is the "fix" But its all i need..

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 11:03:25 AM »
How are the emulators running for you via the steam link?

informix

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 03:12:00 PM »
I'd say pretty good.. I'm not a very "demanding" gamer.. But it seems to be doing pretty well...  The PC is more than powerful enough for all the games I do play..   And its on a wired gig network....so.. no issues..  I had tried using the MAME actually on the steam link device, side loaded.. But it didn't work well with some of the newer and faster games..