Author Topic: Arpicade owners: I need some advice on what to get  (Read 1862 times)

Tapper

• View Profile
Arpicade owners: I need some advice on what to get
« on: September 08, 2018, 08:47:05 AM »
I believe several people here are using an Arpicade board in a cabinet. I have a Jamma cab and am looking to buy an Arpicade for it.

I'm in the USA, and looking at https://www.highscoresaves.com/arpicade-raspberry-pi-multicade-jamma-pcb-adaptor-for-arcade-multigame.html?options=cart&product_type=simple

So, the base unit is $139, and I also need a Pi so I'd get that with it. The next couple of items I'm not sure about.

My cab is an oldschool vertical Midway style, not fighting game, so I guess I don't need the kick harness or extra pins, BUT do you think it would be a good idea to get them now in case I want them in the future?

Then comes the SD card -- I have several big SD cards I could use, but being a total newbie to Raspberry PI, Linux and Arpicade, so I was thinking to get the vertical SD card from them for $40. But, I keep seeing people talk about downloading "images" fort the Arpicade, so maybe I don't need to buy the pre-installed SD card and can just use one I have. Question is, as a newbie would that be a frustrating way to begin?

Thank you very much for any opinions you can offer.