Author Topic: ArcadeBliss - Cab Edition: 2016-05-16 Update  (Read 48121 times)

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
Re: ArcadeBliss - Cab Edition
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 02:10:46 AM »
Hi Guys, the link is not up yet. I am trying to do a gaussion blur that has got me stumped. I am looking for a way to do a two pass shader effect using the tools at hand (squirrel, fe.shader) but I've not cracked this nut yet. This is what is holding me up.

Patience young jedi.

:)

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2016, 03:14:57 PM »
Soooooo after what feels like an eternity, I updated the 1st post with the link to the layout. I had to make a dropbox link because the size is 36MB. I included an entire directory of images for genres and emulators for use by this layout. Just customize your filter and display names to mach the files in images.

Download Link --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqeiqo0fen2qsyo/ArcadeBliss%20Cab%20Edition.zip?dl=0

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2016, 03:20:44 AM »
ArcadeBliss,

Wow! You've added so much functionality to the frontend.

Great work.

I wonder what it would take to make this look just as good in portrait mode...

____

On my laptop I see about a third of a fourth monitor to the right....if I rotate for vertical I see the letters and stuff that show up when you are doing search mode.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 03:39:18 AM by bionictoothpick »

kent79

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2016, 04:41:05 PM »
This is very nice theme. Thank you so much  :)

bundangdon

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2016, 08:10:20 PM »
Once again, fantastic work! However, I can't seem to make it scroll left and right. I tried adjusting the settings in the layout options but so far no luck  :-\

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2016, 02:14:31 AM »
Make sure those left right settings in the theme are also mapped to keys in the control part of attractmode

bundangdon

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2016, 02:31:19 AM »
Yep, got it. Actually, there's no settings in the 'controls' option for left and right, and it only has options for up and down. However, I was able to fix the problem by assigning custom1 and custom2 to the left and right direction keys. Once again, fantastic work!

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2016, 02:43:18 AM »
That's what I meant.  Have fun und let me know what  improvements you have.  Cheers.

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2016, 11:04:32 AM »
Once again, fantastic work! However, I can't seem to make it scroll left and right. I tried adjusting the settings in the layout options but so far no luck  :-\

Hmmm.  Ill make an adjustment that will fix this tonight. The other screen should be offscreen and marked as invisible when not in use.

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2016, 11:13:46 AM »
So after using my theme on the big cab,  here are some changes I will be doing:

- change the left right setting to be an input from the use instead of using one of AM's fe.signals i.e. 'custom1'
- upon entering search,  have it automatically change thefilter to all - if available
- upon exiting search,  return to the last filter and remove the search
- remove cancel from search and replace with make favorite instead
- fix the use of the following keyboard symbols: -, .,_

liquid8d

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2016, 01:26:11 PM »
hey this is awesome! I can't wait to get you the new animate stuff to see what you do with it :) Also looks like you got the search stuff working well which I can get in there for others to use so thanks for that :P

MINOR (nitpick) issues:
- it seems page_up and page_down were reversed, but if you are removing that for customX no need to fix
- animation of selector box is a little drastic ("a little ugly") when going from gamelist to filter/display and vice versa as well as from left side to right side (wrap around), maybe get rid of the animation on those scenarios  (or fade out/in)

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2016, 01:31:44 PM »
I hear you on the animation of the select box.  At first I had an mp4 animation for the select box but scraped it.  I'll clean this up with the other things.  Thanks for the feedback.

liquid8d

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2016, 02:52:51 PM »
just a couple more as I played around with it :)

When search is active, filter count says (Search active), maybe say 'Search for XXXX: x/x' so when you close search screen you still see what the filter is

When going to the menu or maybe just on add/remove favorite, perhaps just leave the selector on the game? Although we know the center one is the selected game, it's a bit confusing when you are on Add/Remove favorite and it isn't highlighted

Allow left/right to work on main menu for game selection when on main menu (so you don't have to navigate your way back up to the games)

Future thought: I'd like to see either scrolling text for the title underneath the snap, or a larger "selected game" title somewhere. You can check out my ScrollingText module and see if you like it. There is some issues due to a bug with measuring text which I have to get back to raygun about.

LOVE the option to name filters and display - I went with collection and system :)

kent79

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2016, 09:21:09 PM »
Below is my advise for layout  :)

1. Replace system image to ribbons pack (alpha = 255), you may download it as below
http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=708.0

2.   glow size & location update
   //show game selection glow
   gsg.x = 404 - ((GAMEITEMWIDTH) / 2);
   gsg.y = GAMEITEMY - ((GAMEITEMHEIGHT) / 2)-6;
   gsg.width = GAMEITEMWIDTH + 11;
   gsg.height = GAMEITEMHEIGHT+ 12;

3. display flyer image

« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 09:36:57 PM by kent79 »

kent79

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2016, 02:54:07 AM »
There is some bug on display game. As you seen, 4th game appears while using 1920 x 1080 resolution. Please fix it.