Author Topic: Migrate from Hyperspin to AM Easily?  (Read 3142 times)

KoronoXyl

• View Profile
Migrate from Hyperspin to AM Easily?
« on: May 23, 2016, 08:11:51 PM »
Hi guys,

I've been looking through the themes and I really love the look of Attract Mode. It also seems to run much smoother than Hyperspin, and I'm ready to make the change. However, I have a pretty decent collection of game art, videos, and wheel art in my Hyperspin setup, and I'd rather not start from scratch or transfer all of these files individually. Is there a quick way to migrate all of my media from my Hyperspin setup to Attract Mode?

Thanks!
Koro.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Migrate from Hyperspin to AM Easily?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 10:16:06 PM »
If you are using RocketLauncher with HyperSpin you can change the FrontEnd option to Attract-Mode vs. HyperSpin for a pretty simple switch. If you're not using RocketLauncher or don't want to with Attract-Mode, you just need to modify the Emulator.cfg files to point to your HyperSpin Media (wheels, videos, box art, etc.). You can even import your HyperSpin databases into Attract-Mode from the command line. You can also copy over your "Favorites" list too.

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 11:54:02 PM »
yes attract Mode seems to be having more development hyperspin is good but little outdated now I think with no progression

KoronoXyl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 07:53:04 AM »
Awesome, thanks! I'm going to give it a shot!