Author Topic: Simple theme for vertical barcade  (Read 4095 times)

ericball

• View Profile
Simple theme for vertical barcade
« on: March 22, 2021, 05:18:02 PM »
This is my first AM layout for my vertical barcade project based around a Raspberry Pi Zero and Dell FP2007 monitor.  The marquees are the game list (currently sorted by year).  Right now the snap is static but I'm planning on having attract mode videos instead.  Bottom right shows the controls for the game.  Comments & suggestions welcome!

mahuti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Github Repositories
Re: Simple theme for vertical barcade
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 10:19:35 AM »
One simple comment...  the E character in your typeface looks like and L. All I can see is "Quarter Later" and sometimes my brain is reading it as Quartlr Latlr.

Putting thr games' marquee up there and using game logo/wheel images the left might be a better overall solution

ericball

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 11:43:14 AM »
One simple comment...  the E character in your typeface looks like and L. All I can see is "Quarter Later" and sometimes my brain is reading it as Quartlr Latlr.
Seeing LATER rather than EATER seems to be a common issue.  Maybe I'll try QUARTER MUNCHER and see if that is less confusing.

Sinistar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 02:55:28 PM »
what is the joystick at the bottom is that a dynamic button layout? like a button layout for each game? if so awesome!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 03:10:21 PM by Sinistar »

ericball

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 03:16:46 PM »
what is the joystick at the bottom is that a dynamic button layout? like a button layout for each game? if so awesome!
Yes, below the snap is a diagram of the controls for the game.  For example, guess which one this is for.

Sinistar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2021, 09:41:28 PM »
Yes, below the snap is a diagram of the controls for the game.  For example, guess which one this is for.

I would love to say i know but you have stumped me (I was even trying to look around to see what it could be) hahaha. Have you seen the At the arcade dynamic cab theme/project? http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=3874.0

maybe we can make overlays for your dynamic control panels good concept man that would make it scream. keep up the work.

ericball

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2021, 05:23:37 AM »
The At The Arcade theme reminds me of the AtomicFE setup I had for my Tempest MAME cabinet which used 3D models of each cabinet and displayed them as a giant wheel selector.

It appears the At The Arcade theme shows the original control panel where my diagram is of the control panel of my barcade.

ericball

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 02:09:46 PM »
Is this better?

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2021, 07:44:05 PM »
i like the other one moor.    but who cares its your theme....right....

iv almost never found a theme that, i did not have to make a tweek to,  if i was to keep it..for one of my cabs.

that is... ;)
help a friend....