Author Topic: Emulator not closing the game on exit.  (Read 2095 times)

slowsl

• View Profile
Emulator not closing the game on exit.
« on: October 11, 2021, 05:37:34 PM »
RpI3 build.  This seemed to have come out of nowhere when it's been working perfectly fine.  Only happens when I launch a MAME game, it stays running in the background.  I can exit back to AM, select a different game, and launch it, but it immediately goes back to the original game that is still running paused, and then the exit keys do not exit the game, forced to pull the plug.  Thinking something was buggered up in the runcommand menu options, I open the runcommand menu, when I click the up or down button the screen just flashes and the cursor stays at the top of the list.  I can type the corresponding letter to get the other menu items highlighted, but clicking enter does nothing.  Any clue what the heck is going on?  I've been at this for two days now.

hermine.potter

• View Profile
Re: Emulator not closing the game on exit.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 10:31:34 AM »
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM

slowsl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 12:16:24 PM »
Please try this
Thanks, I did try to adjust the  non-blocking-mode parameters last night.  The default is 0, when I try to type something else, a bunch of random jarbled symbols show up when I type anything.  When I press escape to stop editing the parameters, it goes back to 0.  I'll try the resfix addon, I did not try that yet.

I re-installed the emulator last night, but haven't been home to see if it resolved the issue yet.

Thanks.

slowsl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 12:45:56 PM »
Resfix addon didn't do anything.  Playing with different settings last night, I changed the exit game key, it was "escape", but now I left it blank.  All of a sudden the MAME games exit completely as they should.   Strange.  It has been this way for a very long time.  Now I'm stuck with MAME being the only emulator that cannot simply exit with one button (escape button), but instead, MAME needs to use the hotkey+escape.  I wonder what could have changed to cause this strange behavior when using just escape to exit, must be some kind of conflict somewhere.