Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 548142 times)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 9.8 [Release] Updated 29 January 2021
« Reply #1230 on: February 01, 2021, 02:39:51 AM »
Could it be possible to add an option to show a list with 3d boxes? This option would need to remove the white border and the black background that you can see in the attached picture.

This is not possible at the moment, because of the way AF builds the thumbnails and adds the shadows. It will require a lot of changes to the code, so I can't tell if it will ever become a feature, sorry.

ulihox

• View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: February 01, 2021, 02:52:56 AM »
This is not possible at the moment, because of the way AF builds the thumbnails and adds the shadows. It will require a lot of changes to the code, so I can't tell if it will ever become a feature, sorry.

Ok, I hope that someday that could be possible. Thank you!!

markoattract

• View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: February 07, 2021, 06:35:47 AM »
Hello Paolo !

First of all , thank you for your great work , like always .

My question is : Is possible to have different layout settings per display ?

For example , is possible to change the number of rows in MAME display to "2" and set "1" rows in PLAYSTATION display, using the same layout ?

Thank you and have a nice day ;)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1233 on: February 07, 2021, 07:08:28 AM »
My question is : Is possible to have different layout settings per display ?

Well at the moment there are some technical limitation, for example in the options you can enable per-display backgrounds, And you can have per display sorting, box art mode etc because these features can be enabled or disabled "at runtime". The layout itself (like number of rows etc) is defined at the layout start and can't be changed after launch, and in Arcadeflow when you change display the layout is not reloaded so, at the moment, I'm sorry but it's not possible to change the tile layout per display

markoattract

• View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: February 08, 2021, 01:04:48 AM »
Well at the moment there are some technical limitation, for example in the options you can enable per-display backgrounds, And you can have per display sorting, box art mode etc because these features can be enabled or disabled "at runtime". The layout itself (like number of rows etc) is defined at the layout start and can't be changed after launch, and in Arcadeflow when you change display the layout is not reloaded so, at the moment, I'm sorry but it's not possible to change the tile layout per display

Thank you for the answer Paolo !!!

Ok, i solved copying the layout and renaming it !! Well done !! :D

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1235 on: February 08, 2021, 01:06:55 AM »
Ok, i solved copying the layout and renaming it !! Well done !! :D

I was just going to suggest this as a workaround :D

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 9.9 [Release] Updated 22 February 2021
« Reply #1236 on: February 21, 2021, 10:18:30 PM »
Arcadeflow 9.9 is out!

Performance improvements in many areas: shaders are lighter and faster to load, no more slowdowns at display change, improved effects "stack" on the thumbnails. Also I added new quite obscure system logos and images :D

Enjoy!

Maccy

• View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: March 06, 2021, 03:38:24 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make ArcadeFlow running with latest GroovyArcade (2021.01): I can't understand why I get only a list of titles with very big fonts.

No issue if I switch to a standard layout.

Attached pictures of standard layout and ArcadeFlow. I'm using ArcadeFlow 9.9.

Any suggestion?

Thanks, regards

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1238 on: March 06, 2021, 07:13:25 AM »
I'm trying to make ArcadeFlow running with latest GroovyArcade (2021.01): I can't understand why I get only a list of titles with very big fonts.

This happens when something _really_ wrong happens and the layout can't load. You can try running attract-console.exe and share the console output here, or the last run log from attract mode directory. That will help me understand what's going wrong.

Also, did you unpack Arcadeflow from the website? Check the content of the Arcadeflow_99 directory, there might be some issues with tar.gz on windwos...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 07:15:06 AM by zpaolo11x »

Maccy

• View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: March 06, 2021, 11:54:46 AM »
Nevermind, I fixed that, it was a permission issue (chmod -R arcade:arcade ArcadeFlow/ did the trick)

I copied ArcadeFlow from another PC with root account but the default user for GroovyArcade is "arcade".

Thanks, anyway you pointed me in the right direction

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1240 on: March 12, 2021, 09:36:24 AM »
Quick update for what's going on behind the scene, mostly for people that are not on the Discord channel...

Arcadeflow 10.0 is shaping up pretty well, this will be a huge update release.

First of all the archive format will change from .tar.gz back to .zip; you'll receive a notification when it's available, but you'll have to manually download and unpack it, just for this version.

The greatest addition will be an internal scraping engine based on screenscraper.fr, this will allow you to get metadata and/or media for your romlists, in a format that's Attract Mode and Arcadeflow friendly. I'm ironing out the many quirks that a process like this can have, so stay tuned for the final release :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 9.9 [Release] Updated 15 March 2021
« Reply #1241 on: March 15, 2021, 01:12:59 AM »
Arcadeflow 10.0 is out!

You can now scrape metadata and media for your romlist directly from Arcadeflow options page, using screenscraper.fr database. Be careful since this is an initial release for the feature, and consider that it's at the moment tailored for console and computer games, not all arcade metadata will be scraped.

Because of a change in the update routine, this will not auto-download or auto-install, you should manually download and unpack the zip from the website: http://www.mixandmatch.it/AF/#100

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 01:15:01 AM by zpaolo11x »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 10.1 [Release] Updated 25 March 2021
« Reply #1242 on: March 25, 2021, 08:22:01 AM »
Arcadeflow 10.1 is out!

Scraping of arcade games is now supported, together with crc based database match. Also, now scraping should work on Windows too :D Enjoy!

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1243 on: March 25, 2021, 08:22:16 AM »
Arcadeflow 10.1 is out!

Scraping of arcade games is now supported, together with crc based database match. Also, now scraping should work on Windows too :D Enjoy!

markoattract

• View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: March 31, 2021, 12:34:53 PM »
Hello Paolo !!! As always , thank you for your work !!

I want to inform you about a bug (maybe) ... I had selected an mp3 track for bgm and when the track end , AM crash ... Ive just tried with some other tracks and i had same result ...

anyway your work is awesome ;)