Author Topic: MAME PROBLEM  (Read 16562 times)

KTURNER

• View Profile
Re: MAME PROBLEM
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2017, 06:19:59 AM »
"mameui dkong" this it what I didn't know. I will try that. Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. It was very well written and is great advice for anyone starting out. Its hard to learn how to do this stuff without a little help. As far as the 64 bit question I copied the 32 bit file from my xp onto my windows 7. The entire mame folder with the roms and everything in it. Every thing is and exact duplicate. Even made them have the same path C:\games\mameui.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2017, 06:32:10 AM »
and your path in your mame.ini is set correctly as well?

makes me wonder if that might be the case here...from different from one operating system to another...(yeah I know they are both windows..but still)

example on one linux system I have /home/username/.mame/roms

I can copy every thing over one for one however...

my user name is different on my other computer so my path would be different..

/home/otherusername/.mame/roms

may want to check that...(may not be a problem in windows..but still..you try everything that's what problem solving is)

if you want post the directory paths in you mame.ini from both systems to compare and we can look at them...

I notice from one of your previous posts...(cut down of course)

#
# CORE SEARCH PATH OPTIONS
#
rompath                   C:\games\Mame32\roms
hashpath                  hash
samplepath                samples
artpath                   artwork

as that it<i>looks</i> correct....but for pits and piggles...use a full path on the roms on your win7 machine..

also..I take it that you can not get any game to run from mame itself...upon reading on of your posts it seems that you got time crisis to run on the win7 machine?

also please let me know...(because I am assuming that you were about to get mame gui to run) if you are able to start mameui.exe..by itself...then see if it lists any games..if so try to run one from there...
if you can't try in your mame.ini to make your mame path

Code: [Select]
rompath        roms
If you can then I am betting it's something in your AM set up..path or something

these are one of the times if I could get my hands on it I know I could fix it 5 minutes..maybe....
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 07:03:30 AM by akafox »
People want life easy..then complain about it

KTURNER

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2017, 10:54:55 AM »
Last night I copyed all of my roms into the mame rom folder and made shure my rom path was correct. (Before I was directing it to my mame32 rom folder) I opened mamui and then I refreseh my rom list. All my roms showed up but they still did not work. I went into the command line and once I got into my folder I typed in "mamui.exe timecris" and the screen went blank just like it does when I open it with the shortcut. No errors. Yes Time crises is running on my windows 7 machine but under my mame32. It would be realy nice to get this to work but I guess I could always just use the mame32 but ui is so much better.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2017, 12:03:39 PM »
that is just sooo weird...  ???

I'll look into mameui a little more..however I only have a xp box...it's just weird..

so ok you get it to work with the mame32..but not the mameui..correct?

and as your roms are showing up..your rom path in your ini is correct. if that is all set up..(as it to be)..then it should work..without problem...
you said..

I went into the command line and once I got into my folder I typed in "mamui.exe timecris" and the screen went blank just like it does when I open it with the shortcut. No errors.

went blank..what does that mean exactly...so you had to drop out of mameui (esc) as if it had loaded the rom? if that is the case..and that one loads..everything else should too. try renaming your rom folder on your win7 machine...make a new folder the same name as your old on and re-coping one single game..any game..and try to start it. I'm wondering if your zips got corrupted...any out put from the command line would really help..

KTURNER

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2017, 12:43:43 PM »
Yes it works with mame 32 but not ui. I can rename my rom path to mame32/roms and it still does not work. I know those zips are not corrupt because they work with mame32. Im at work now but I'm pretty shure I hit esc once the screen went blank. I should have said the screen blacked out. So far the command line has not givin me any output but I will look again. This has turned into a "I have to fix this because I cain't figure it" out and not because I have to kinda thing.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2017, 01:39:09 PM »
Yeah loading it direct from the command line should giveout put..unless of course everything is working correctly to begin with..then noting (no need). This is just weird..when you can try another game..because I am assuming that is the problem..time crisis works but no others?

This has turned into a "I have to fix this because I cain't figure it" out and not because I have to kinda thing.

I understand all to well...everybody else can do it so I know it can be done thing...all it does it make you hunker down harder..I wonder how much sleep I have lost over these things  ::)

KTURNER

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2017, 05:02:01 PM »
Time crisis works on mame 32 and mame ui on my xp machine. On my windows 7 it only works on mame 32. I tried hellfire from the command line and got the blackscreen. When I open mame ui from the shortcut I get the user account control window popping up asking if I want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer yes or no. Could that be an issue.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2017, 12:30:12 PM »
OK windows 7 users help me out here..

do you have that prblem as well...it asking for permission?

Is the windows version and installer or a portable version?

if it wants to install something then that may be the reason..I forget you can "install" mame..I have always used the portable version..

ok it is a portable version..the binary is mameui64.exe..as far I understand it shouldn't want permissions..that's very strange

KTURNER

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2017, 06:48:50 PM »
It's just mameui.exe if that matters

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2017, 10:31:57 AM »
hmmm...I'm going to assume here that you are running the 32-bit version of mameui then...(again it shouldn't matter..but still)

again try the 64-bit version mameui64.exe if you don't have that then you go here http://www.progettosnaps.net/mameui/ to get it

and remember you neet to get the mame 154 version...because you are using 154 roms

(it's the "0.154 Jul 23, 2014 64" column)

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2017, 12:47:59 AM »
You can try to rename your mame.ini to mame.ini.org as a backup (so you can name back later if this doesn't work). Next, run your mameui.exe and setup your rom path and anything else fresh on the Windows 7 build.

If you still have issues, the command line output from "mameui pacman" would help a lot.

KTURNER

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2017, 02:05:46 PM »
Ok, I will try all of this. It might be latter into the week though. Thanks everyone. I will post the results.