Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 548579 times)

tekn0

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 2.3 [Release] Updated 29 August 2018
« Reply #120 on: September 09, 2018, 07:06:44 AM »
This looks so cool! Nice work!

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2018, 01:19:47 PM »
I tried the theme on my mac. Only artwork displayed is wheel. I assume it would play my snap artwork for the thumbnail. Am I doing something wrong?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2018, 10:07:38 PM »
I tried the theme on my mac. Only artwork displayed is wheel. I assume it would play my snap artwork for the thumbnail. Am I doing something wrong?

The theme expects to have static screenshots and videos in the same category called "snap", I think this was the default settings in the "mame" emulator for Attract Mode. You don't see the artwork at all? What Mac are you running on? Also try disabling "gradient" on thumbnails and let me know if it changes anything

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2018, 02:14:27 AM »

The theme expects to have static screenshots and videos in the same category called "snap", I think this was the default settings in the "mame" emulator for Attract Mode. You don't see the artwork at all? What Mac are you running on? Also try disabling "gradient" on thumbnails and let me know if it changes anything

I have snaps and videosnaps paths both under the “snap” artwork for mame. What I’m seeing is similar to what some one else said they had seen in the beginning of this thread. I’m not sure if they resolved it.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2018, 02:28:35 AM »
I have snaps and videosnaps paths both under the “snap” artwork for mame. What I’m seeing is similar to what some one else said they had seen in the beginning of this thread. I’m not sure if they resolved it.

That issue at the beginning of the thread I think was due to use of the theme on a rPi (not suited because of the huge number of surfaces) or the lack of static snaps. In your case it's different, for example the artwork for wheels looks good. I see your mac has a discrete graphics card, maybe there's an issue with the shaders, could you run attract mode from terminal and see if any error message appears?

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2018, 02:35:09 AM »
I always run from terminal. No errors.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2018, 02:38:49 AM »

This is very strange :/ since you are using AF 2.3, can you try using the layout_noshader.nut instead? You should at least see snaps on thumbnails.

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2018, 05:43:11 AM »

This is very strange :/ since you are using AF 2.3, can you try using the layout_noshader.nut instead? You should at least see snaps on thumbnails.

Will try that tonight. Thank you.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2018, 05:55:14 AM »

Just to be sure, since from the screenshots it really looks like the artwork is completely missing, are you sure your category is called "snap" and not "Snap" or "snaps" or any other spelling? :D I'm really puzzled

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 17, 2018, 02:09:14 PM »

Just to be sure, since from the screenshots it really looks like the artwork is completely missing, are you sure your category is called "snap" and not "Snap" or "snaps" or any other spelling? :D I'm really puzzled

artwork is indeed labeled “snap”.

I renamed layout.nut to layout_shader.nut, and duplicated layout_noshader.nut to layout.nut. Video snap is shown! Snap images however do not.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2018, 10:34:29 PM »
I renamed layout.nut to layout_shader.nut, and duplicated layout_noshader.nut to layout.nut. Video snap is shown! Snap images however do not.

Ok, I found why video snaps were not showing: I spelled "yes" instead of "Yes" in the default option. This was easy. The hard part is the snaps issue, I'm still struggling to see the reason, maybe a lack of video memory? I'll do some tests in my emulated environment to see if texture memory can affect this...

Luke_Nukem

• View Profile
    • Blogging about Rust lang
« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2018, 11:28:24 PM »
Would love a setting to permanently set the rotation. Can't figure out how to get AM to save it.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #132 on: September 18, 2018, 01:08:29 AM »

I checked with a virtual machine and even with 256 Mb of VRAM I could see textures , so that's not the issue. Can you check what kind of files you have in the snaps folder? Resolution, file type etc.

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2018, 05:11:45 PM »

I checked with a virtual machine and even with 256 Mb of VRAM I could see textures , so that's not the issue. Can you check what kind of files you have in the snaps folder? Resolution, file type etc.

MAME 0.200 EXTRAs/snap
AntoPISA's progetto-SNAPS MAME Snapshots
Pulled from complete set neogeo, vs unisystem, and nofiller2p
Average file size of snap directory 22879.6 bytes using
Code: [Select]
$ find ./ -ls | awk '{sum += $7; n++;} END {print sum/n;}'All images are PNG format
All image dimensions correlate to their games native resolution, mostly 320x224, 320x240, or some other 240p variation.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2018, 12:00:07 AM »
All image dimensions correlate to their games native resolution, mostly 320x224, 320x240, or some other 240p variation.

Ok, AF expects the aspect ratio of snaps to be 4:3 or 3:4, I'll change it in a future release probably and yet I don't think this is going to be an issue... I know it's a lot of trouble but you could try downloading the previous versions of AF from my github and see if older versions work with your setup. https://github.com/zpaolo11x/Arcadeflow-AM-Theme/releases