Author Topic: AM and Xin-Mo Joystick Compatibility  (Read 5755 times)

ladysephiroth

• View Profile
AM and Xin-Mo Joystick Compatibility
« on: October 05, 2015, 03:57:50 PM »
So I got my Xin-Mo board and wired it up -- works great in MAME, but when I go to set the joystick up and down to run the frontend, AM just kind of goes "huh?" and ignores the microswitch press. Is it not compatible, is there a workaround? I'm SOOO CLOOOSE!!!

inkagnito

• View Profile
Re: AM and Xin-Mo Joystick Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 03:01:21 PM »
I'm having the same problem.. I was able to use an application called "Controllers" for OS X to bypass it, but I still would like to be able to map everything within attractmode/mame.  Any thoughts on fixing this? 

retrogam3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 07:18:35 AM »
I'm using a windows version of AM and using a Xin Mo encoder in AM I just went into the controls section and configured my inputs/controls...No issues

inkagnito

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 07:47:46 AM »
Hi Xev1n,

Thanks for the reply.   Ok, so I was able to bind the controls last night within SDLMame.  I loaded up Mortal Kombat II and all the buttons seem to work just fine.  The problem I'm having is that the joystick for some reason is sticking 'down.'  My character is just sitting there ducking without me pressing down on the encoder.  I can force the character to move left and right, but then it will revert to the down position.   This is also happening with other games where the config won't read the down and up commands.   When I map the controls using a joy to key alternative for mac like "controllers" or "joy mapper", it works just fine.   

I can go along and use the 3rd party utilities to get around the issue, but I would like the bindings to work within Attractmode/SDLMame without having to rely on the utilities.  The reason for this is I would like the Mac to boot right into Attractmode upon startup so I won't have to depend on using a mouse to toggle the joy-to-key like software on and off.  There are no hotkeys to toggle your controller on and off, and it won't default to the "on" state upon startup.. sucks!

Any suggestions for this?  Super appreciate it!

retrogam3

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 08:01:08 AM »
Are you sure you connected the wires to the micro switches correctly? Sometimes micro switches have 3 connections ground, NC and NO. Ig you connected the down micro switch to "NC" it will stay "pressed" until you press down then does the opposite. I have attached an image of the micro switch.

inkagnito

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 08:08:34 AM »
I will definitely check this, but I'm pretty sure I have it wired up ok.  From what I was reading, it could be a firmware issue with the xin as well as some people were having a similar issue with the raspberry pi configurations.  Thanks for your reply!!

retrogam3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 08:11:59 AM »
Ya sorry I can't help more. I have made 8 cabinets and control panels all using the Xin Mo adapter. I have made one pi control panel. I did not have any issues with controls on player one but could never get player 2 to work on the pi so I just stuck with Windows. :-\

inkagnito

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 09:17:42 AM »
Xevin, could you share a screen shot what your one & two player controls look like for the joysticks from mame by chance?  Thanks man!
BTW- I'm using Sanwa controls if it makes a difference
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 09:19:36 AM by inkagnito »