Author Topic: Anyway to set 2 different arcade buttons to 1 task?  (Read 3066 times)

UncleJ

• View Profile
Anyway to set 2 different arcade buttons to 1 task?
« on: August 17, 2017, 11:26:38 PM »
Hey,

So, I just installed some new buttons on my arcade for the ability to play pinball games, but the left pinball button and right one are connected to different boards. The left is connected to the player 1 arcade board, and the right to player two. Does anyone know how I can program both to respond on pinball roms as the left and right flipper?

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anyway to set 2 different arcade buttons to 1 task?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 03:24:46 AM »
Some encoders allow you to download an app and reprogram default key codes. What encoder do you have?

KTURNER

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 05:28:18 AM »
I don't think them being on different boards should make any difference. Are the wired to the board as its own input, or is it piggy backed off the joystick or another button.

P47

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 12:19:46 PM »
Why you donĀ“t connect to the same board ?

Not necessary new wires to the board, you only need to connect one button to another button connect already to the board. In this form, press one of the two button is the same task.

I have this in one arcade build, for buttons on the left and the right side for both players (left hand or right hand)

For you, you just add two button for pinball, you need to connect this two button with another two button from player 1. Is is easy.. no need to program anything.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 12:38:10 PM by P47 »

KTURNER

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 02:58:35 PM »
If you are using mame it doesn't matter how they are wired. If you are playing pinball on nes or some other emulator then you will need to tie into the player one board. You can not map two buttons to one function in console emulation.