Author Topic: AttractMode 1.5.2 debs  (Read 33404 times)

akafox

• View Profile
Re: AttractMode 1.5.2 debs
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 12:40:22 PM »
looks like they are getting the dependencies put into the repositories. At list they are listed now..they still won't install. That is a step in the right direction. Just gonna take time. Again even if I did manage to get a deb made if you can't install the needed dependencies it would not do you any good. You can switch linux distros maybe...or use a 32-bit version of ubuntu.
People want life easy..then complain about it

battlecat

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2015, 09:28:50 AM »
I know this may sound silly but is is both 32 and 64 bit that is having an issue being turned into a deb or just the 64 bit one that is having an issue?

The reason I ask is I usually go for the 32 bit versions for the old machine I have. Even the one machine with 4 gig of ram and a 64 bit OS would run the 32 bit version fine right?

Thanks!
BC

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2015, 06:13:55 PM »
liquidus-

I have lubuntu 14.04 32-bit might try to compile it again. I have mint 17.2 64-bit also...I can not get it to dun in mint..at all...and that is what I compiled the other debs with..never a problem. Right now it is asking for libswresample.so.1 of which I have looked every where for (libswresample-ffmpeg is there) i'm at a loss. That machine is lubuntu 15.10 64-bit.

battlecat-
Yes a 32 bit version would be just fine on a 64 bit machine..that is how I run one of my machines so that i can compile and such for 32-bit stuff..that and some emulators are easier to run because they are 32-bit programs only. The 32-bit I have now is 1.53..I thought it was 1.60 I need to try to compile and package it..I'll try it tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 06:20:44 PM by akafox »

battlecat

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2015, 04:35:15 AM »
Thank you AKAfox. I have done the compiling before but I am not well good enough at it to spend weeks getting there anymore. I would rather sit in my woodshop and build things these days.

Thanks again!
--BC
This is our most desperate hour. Help me, AKAFOX. You're my only hope.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2015, 05:54:04 PM »
OK! I got it!!! (about bloody time!) they are for lubuntu, xubuntu, ubuntu 14.04 32 and 64-bit!  I'll have them up no later than five (5) days :D

battlecat

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2015, 07:26:42 PM »
LOL! Well you could have given us a nice Whompa Star Wars reference! :)

I wanted to update you a bit. I have a Dell e521 with 4 gig of ram and a 70 gig hd for the arcade cab.

I installed XFCE Linux Mint 17.2 edition 64 bit on it.

I installed your current set of 1.5 something deb files. Turns out while I definitely can open more than one instance of MAME on the office desktop and on the office side workstation I CANNOT seem to do that on the e521! So it seems that there is something computer specific or perhaps distro specific? I do not know. I do know that all three are running a version of Linux 17.2 Mint.

Now all that being said I am still going to update with your new DEB when it comes out! I appreciate all your work. Some software groups just say oh well if you cant compile then get out and that is discouraging to me.

I'm pretty excited. The FE is starting to look like it will work out for me!

As a note on one workstation running Linux mint 17.2 Cinnamon the Attract Mode has no icon for the desktop,panel, or menu. Its just blank. If you click on it it will work fine.

Now to work on the category thing.

Thanks again!

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2015, 02:24:17 PM »
LOL! Well you could have given us a nice Whompa Star Wars reference! :)

Sorry I was just so ..happy I guess..not to mention a month of frustration off my shoulders! ;D

I wanted to update you a bit. I have a Dell e521 with 4 gig of ram and a 70 gig hd for the arcade cab.

That will run most games just fine..like 95% of an entire mame set.

I installed XFCE Linux Mint 17.2 edition 64 bit on it.

Uh oh..umm I hate to tell you this..but mint is what I was running as well 17.1/17.2 and I could not get am to compile or run. I still do not know why..I just can not get all  the dependencies to install right. Which is really weird because Mint is debain based..just like ubuntu, lubuntu, and xubuntu. You can try it..but don't say I didn't warn you. :(

I installed your current set of 1.5 something deb files. Turns out while I definitely can open more than one instance of MAME on the office desktop and on the office side workstation I CANNOT seem to do that on the e521! So it seems that there is something computer specific or perhaps distro specific? I do not know. I do know that all three are running a version of Linux 17.2 Mint.

That is really strange..I mean really strange. Like I said I run lubuntu, ubuntu, and Mint and never had that problem that i know of.

Can I ask why you are using Mint? For a desktop it's great..however for an arcade gaming rig you need to use lubuntu and then use the openbox desktop..and not LXDE after you get it all set. The Mint desktop, MATE, cinnamon, KDE, unity, and gnome all use more ram..it's not a lot..but still if you want to get the most out of your system you want to use a lighter desktop that uses less ram. You don't have too...that is just my opinion.

Now all that being said I am still going to update with your new DEB when it comes out! I appreciate all your work. Some software groups just say oh well if you cant compile then get out and that is discouraging to me.

Well I have compiled AM many times before..no problem. However you saw the problems I was having. Thus why I make them. I could tell you well tough you are your own..but that is a bad attitude..and it keeps you or others from enjoying AM. That doesn't help anyone..and it just makes me a jerk. Let me put it to you this way..why do I make debs...because I am lazy and hate compiling! :) (It can be a real pain!)

As a note on one workstation running Linux mint 17.2 Cinnamon the Attract Mode has no icon for the desktop,panel, or menu. Its just blank. If you click on it it will work fine.

Yeah I noticed that a while back..never could figure out why it was missing...then life drug me away and I forgot. Thank you for reminding mw though got it fixed! :)

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2015, 05:20:02 AM »
Greetings,

I just did a fresh install of Ubuntu (15.10) 64 bit...I probably should have chosen 14.04.

attract-1.6.2amd64 : Depends: libsfml-window2 (>= 2.1+dfsg-4ubuntu) but it is not installable
                      Depends: libavresample1 (>= 6:9.18-0ubuntu0.14.04.1) but it is not installable
                      Depends: libsfml-system2 (>= 2.1+dfsg-4ubuntu2) but it is not installable
                      Depends: libsfml-graphics2 (>= 2.1+dfsg-4ubuntu2) but it is not installable
                      Depends: libsfml-network2 (>= 2.1+dfsg-4ubuntu2) but it is not installable
 libavcodec54 : Depends: libopenjpeg2 but it is not installable
                Depends: libvpx1 (>= 1.0.0) but it is not installable
                Depends: libx264-142 but it is not installable

However, I went through and installed all the required dependencies, and it's running. Now to play and configure...my tv will be mounted in portrait mode, so hopefully not too much work to have it looking good.

Enjoy your day.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 06:39:48 AM by bionictoothpick »

Tocinillo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2016, 10:08:42 AM »
Hi! Fantastic work, AM is working like a charm in my ubuntu 14.04 ;)

Any chances to release the 2.0? Or maybe are you waiting for the stable release?

Thanks again.

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2016, 10:17:05 AM »
Yeah Fox,

Stop resting on your laurels. ;D

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2016, 10:29:43 AM »
I am actually waiting for the stable release. Do that many people want the RC?.....I'll do it if that many people want it....   ;)

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2016, 01:28:41 PM »
Good call - if you ask me. Stable 2.0 is probably just around the corner.

Tocinillo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2016, 05:19:49 AM »
I am actually waiting for the stable release. Do that many people want the RC?.....I'll do it if that many people want it....   ;)

No problem, I can wait too :)

Tocinillo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2016, 04:58:57 AM »
I, any updates for the 2.0 ETA?

Thanks!

Finhead

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2016, 11:09:01 AM »